Does a griddle separate from the stove get as hot (500F) as one built-in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where are you getting the reviews?
GE is sometimes rebranded Kenmore.

I want something along the commercial/proffessional style. Wolf comes to mind. Like the ones we see on TV. Remember the range on the TV show "Full House" I think it was called? I loved that range.
One day i will have one. I hope I am not to old to really use it though! :rolleyes:

User reviews on Amazon and Home Depot, test reviews at Consumer Reports. When they all agree, then there must be something to it.

Anything higher than the GE at around $1000 is over my spending limit. ;) If I can't cook on that, then I'm not much of a cook. :chef:

Yes, Cheryl, it is ultra-handy for making lots of pancakes and bunches of French toast.

I've been easily able to cook 8 nice-sized pancakes and as many slices of French toast on the Griddler.

It's also awesome for cooking bacon, using the ridged grill plates and a closed lid. No bacon splatters. No babysitting the bacon. Perfect bacon every time.

Thank you Katie, and Andy, for your input on the Cuisinart Griddler. :) It sure helps.

I have an electric Presto Liddle Griddle, got it super cheap from an Amazon promo. It's perfect for 2 to 4 people, and I store it atop my toaster oven. It can cook to 400°F plus.

Thanks, Dawg. :) I'll have to look that up on Amazon.

Since I only cook for myself, I've turned to frozen pancakes that heat up nicely in my toaster oven. Less mess and they taste great.

My range also has different outputs for every burner, and I've used the grill pan that came with it, but not very often. It's cast iron and SO dang heavy that it's hard to get it out of the storage drawer in the range, let alone clean it. :ermm:

I'll have to check out those Cuisinart griddlers. I usually just grill meats outside on the weber, but for multiple pancakes, French toast, etc. when family is here, it sounds like that would be nice.

I bake French toast, sausage and bacon at high heat in the oven when I need to make a lot. Works great, no special equipment required - just a couple of half-sheet pans.

gotgarlic: oh no :( thank you for informing me :)

addie: my kind of forum :) How great :)

andy: interesting to know :) thank you :)

zhizara: Ok :) I will look into that sunbeam then :) Thanks :)

roll_bones: That's unfortunate :( Well I look forward to the day you can cook on a stove you want to cook on :)

Andy: Like I had wanted to say to roll_bones above too is What's funny is some of you might be looking at my griddle thinking "lucky you"; I literally will fry up 1 pancake at a time because the back of the griddle gets too dirty and is a pain to clean :( ok laziness disappear now!! Tired of frying? I've never heard of such a thing :)

roll_bones: sorry about that :( Well one day maybe you can get what you want then :) Time to sell the kids yes?

rpcookin: you are just like me :) always researching :) its worth it isn't it?

roll_bones: you can always just go to your search engine of choice and literally ask a question or phrase any question you have in any way possible for example you could type in "gas range reviews kemmore" or "i am looking for reviews of a gas range" etc. . ..
i don't remember specifically that tv set kitchen no, but i can imagine it must have been large :) well i hope you one day get this :)

katie H: how cool ! :) well i hope you find even more uses for it :) I will look into that one too and see if i like it :)

CWS: Great to be welcomed :) Thank you for the recommendation I will look into it :)

Andy: interesting :) I will look into it; it sounds like that would be the one to get then :)

Hey Cheryl: Maybe find a pan that isn't heavy and such a pain if possible? Thanks for your input :)

Dawgluver: Hey! Thanks :) I will check that one out :)

Katie: haaha wow! On my griddle i posted a picture of i will literally do just 1 pancake at a time. This is all great to know :) thanks :)

rpcookin: :)

zhizara: interesting :) I usually like to make mine myself because i enjoy using my own ingredients, whether its organic, no tap spring water, vegan, etc. but i will consider that too :)

gotgarlic: yes :) I actually did this the other day with a pancake :) it came out great :) thanks for the advice :)

thank you all for the information and laughs :) Good luck to you all :)

That's another advantage of an electric griddle. It lists the temperature to set for several items, including pancakes.

Years ago, I had a Sunbeam electric griddle. Perfect pancakes every time.

An electric griddle and frying pan were almost a guarantee of a perfect meal. Today, the slow cooker has replaced the electric frying pan. And Lodge has replaced the electric griddle. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom