Does anyone like Vintage equipment & appliances?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is my mom's old toaster.

img_760121_0_dd4656d98ace96b2bdb5121339aa6df4.jpg

And Aunt Geneva's old microwave oven.

img_760121_1_caf8b2e154df0877aea67784df517ec4.jpg

And a similiar butcher block table to the one I have in storage.

img_760121_2_94e7924fed750b92d5ddf9913fe7fd38.jpg

And I use aqua glass old jars and canning jars for canisters. Like this one gallon one.

img_760121_3_119bc325db9f1bdd56b417dfd9ca903f.jpg

Here is my kitchen scale.

img_760121_4_2772e2f38133d8bb62c8b532019b2ca6.jpg

And here is the wrap dispenser I use for restaurant rolls of foil, plastic wrap, and parchment paper.

img_760121_5_0b6f7f7f238d072dee8ef6c6d907d553.jpg

As a kid growing up we lived in several rentals and finally our own home and had some fine ranges like the Crown you display. They were the high end in their day and continued to perform excellently. Often all an old quality gas range needs is a professional cleaning of the rings and jets. Those who collect and restore such items have invested in quality appliances as well as preserving a bit of vanishing Americana.

Thanks,

Leolady. There are seven pilot lights on this baby. I cut all but one off 'cause it costs about forty a month to keep 'em on. Oooch!!

that reminds me of the stove in my folks kitchen growing up Phil. They kept it when they redid the kitchen because it was so great. Eventually the oven door broke and we couldnt find someone to fix it. Kept it propped closed for awhile then finally gave in and got a new stove... not the same.

Vintage is my MIDDLE name

Love Vintage. We own a 1967 Airstream and a 1961 FAN Travel Trailers.
And our home is furnished with vintage.

Uncle Bob....what a beautiful kitchen. The stove...to "die for". I was looking for a 1930 Magic Chef. Not to be found...yet.

I am going to try and post some Vintage things. Love all vintage. Braided/Looped rug made from old clothes. Aria

Attachments

• Braided looped rugs 003.jpg
    Braided looped rugs 003.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 211
And I'll bet...

that reminds me of the stove in my folks kitchen growing up Phil. They kept it when they redid the kitchen because it was so great. Eventually the oven door broke and we couldnt find someone to fix it. Kept it propped closed for awhile then finally gave in and got a new stove... not the same.
...that baby ended up in the stove junk yard and has been used for many parts for someone else. My broiler pilot light doesn't stay on, but works. The griddle has never been used. I'm tempted to make pancakes on it, but I just grab the iron skillet.

My old Butcher's Block

This has been in our family and it is now in my kitchen....used daily.

Attachments

• ButcherBlock.jpg
    ButcherBlock.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 197
We have an Old Fashioned Pantry

Our old fashioned pantry has old jars, bottles, flour, sugar bins etc. We built our house and included an Old Fashioned Pantry.

Attachments

• Anne's Pantry.jpg
    Anne's Pantry.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 224
Oh Aria! I love your butcher block. Is it maple or oak? What size is it?

I want a pantry too, but unless I am willing to give up a coat closet, it is not gonna happen.

You make braided rugs too! So do I?

Here are a couple of mine.

img_762208_0_c6b252854ee14f0f55909fa8be6a70d6.jpg

img_762208_1_c5b3fe82a52f89d2f342fee31848e171.jpg

I am going to make some for my kitchen to match the fabric I have chosen for curtains. I have all the material, just have to get to work.

You could have knocked me over with a feather.

I went to the church today to check out the mixer, and they had this really neat old working refrigerator! It was just like the one we had in our kitchen when I was 5!

It is a Montgomery Wards 1950's model and is white. They told me they are getting rid of it and I could have it for free!

It looks a lot like this one in the photo. Next time I get a chance I will take a photo with my cell phone.

img_766977_0_3e0ca20b8f692a3908034de3a080c1fd.jpg

Wow....I grew up with one like that, too........just like the one in your picture. It must've been new then, eh?

Well, it must have been a few years old cause mom and dad replaced in by the time I was 9.

With my parents' sense of economy it must have lived out its useful life.

I like the look sometimes of the vintage stuff, and if I were doing my entire kitchen vintage then yes it would fit. But, I am a huge fan of the titanium or brushed SS look with black trim, so that is the way I will be going.
All in all though some pretty cool stuff here, I especially had to browse over UB's stove, the butcher block, some of those 50's stove and fridges, and a neat cookie press! All very cool.

Well, it must have been a few years old cause mom and dad replaced in by the time I was 9.

With my parents' sense of economy it must have lived out its useful life.

Sorry...I meant the one in our kitchen must've been new.

I envy you guys, I love to have vintage stuffs on my kitchen..so sad I don't have any.:-(

Back
Top Bottom