Does anyone like Vintage equipment & appliances?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leolady

Head Chef
I do.

I am going for a vintage look in my kitchen including large and small appliances and cookware.

Does anybody else feel this nostalgic urge?

I love vintage kitchen stuff! It is a easy and fairly cheap thing to collect. I particularly like old pyrex and corning ware and cast iron. I also have a some great old carbon steel knives and some nice big old farberware pots. I recently had to bulid a kitchen from scratch on a limited budget so I started shopping flea markets and thrift stores and found myself collecting... it is sort of a disaster because I have nowhere to put alot of the stuff right now.

I cant wait to get my kitchen renovated so I can get it all out on display. I dont go for anything too mint becuause I dont want to be afraid to use it....

Not sure if I will go "vintage" on the kitchen itself. My house is a 19th century workers house that probably orginally had no plumbing and just some wood stoves. My current kitchen is a early 21st century home depot hack job with cheap vinyl floors and paneling ICK. It is probably 5 years old and falling apart.

One of my neighbors with a similar house did a totally vinatge kitchen appliances cabinets and all it is sweet but I think I will go with modern appliances. There is no original detailing left in my house and the rest of my reno is sort of a rustic modern

I remember my mom kept her awesome 50s stove with the round window and the separate brolier and a griddle between the burners when she redid the kitchen that stove rocked but eventually the oven door broke and we coldnt get it repaierd so it got replaced with a pseudo commercial GE that is just not the same

I have had my eye on a great old cast iron double sink that is in my aunts old kitchen and they keep talking about removing... I would have to re-enamel though.

I love that stuff. I have a mid 50's Sunbeam mixer from my Mom. It was missing the milk glass bowls but I found a set on Ebay. Rachel Ray has a sweet range on her show. Although I'm not a fan of that pop-up broiler on it.

So you like vintage ranges? Here is a photo of the renovated 1960s Crown range I recently bought and should be arriving soon.

img_596728_0_f8e1788ff211f774c4f924ca079f0649.jpg

And here is a photo of the early 70s era Hobart dishwasher a Hobart repairman is renovating for me.

img_596728_1_1df2c5d5e233dfcb2dfc800704c4f241.jpg

This is the sink, a church gave to me recently.

img_596728_2_62aacaa7476542c40f5282833e94eb7d.jpg

Some of the cookware I have collected.

img_596728_3_62571bc2e59cfce2779239cca5a1af39.jpg

My mixer

img_596728_4_2b86124df16da76a98f86c6f257a16db.jpg

That range is AWESOME! I can't stand all the digital bells and whistle junk on appliances today. Give me some valves and knobs! Something I can repair myself.

Looks like a great start so far.

I MUST have a vintage cookie press! The new ones just don't work as well.

img_596749_0_fa94044254f1a330d2464edbd7f5631e.jpg

Mine is like that one.
I have to keep an eye out online to pick up one for each of my kids too!

Sweet.... LeoLady your going to have a clutch kitchen!

Your mixer kicks butter!

Love the Copco too I have the skillet in orange (flea market score at $5) and have been eyeing the little dutch ovens on ebay but have put myself on kitchen stuff moratoriam
unitil I actually do the kitchen.

Ditto Jeeks I'll take knobs over digital any day.

Dont even get me started on cars!

edit to add.... uncle bob.... WOW!

I like that kitchen!

It has such a warm cozy feel! I am gonna take some ideas from it if you don't mind. And your mom's Chambers range is perfect there.

I forgot to mention I have tons of the old blue flower Corningware, and the Spring Blossom Green Corelle dishes and matching pyrex accessories.

Glad you like my range Jeekins! I should have it in my hot little hands in a week or so! It is being delivered from California, and I am in the midwest.

Sweet.... LeoLady your going to have a clutch kitchen!

Your mixer kicks butter!
edit to add.... uncle bob.... WOW!

I am thrilled you like it.

I wasn't gonna mention it, but I have 2 of them just alike. The only difference is that the second mixer has miniscule tiny pin pricks in the finish.

Hi, Leolady...I've seen that name, and that gorgeous mixer, somewhere else. I also have vintage kitchen...everything. All from thrift stores. Two sets of Revere Limited edition, one copper-clad and the other tri-ply...stainless with copper sandwiched in between. Hobart A9 coffee mill, Revere drip-o-lator, Vita-Mix 3900+ and my newest acquisition, a gently used Hobart N50 from the thrift store (yes, $7.00). They really don't make 'em like they used to.

Last edited:
$7!

You must be kidding! You stole that mixer! Do you like it?

Do you like your Vita Mix 3600?

I have an old Oster blender with some faux woodgrain trim and an ice crusher like the one pictured. Both work perfect, except the lid on the blender is, um....you need a towel when operating. I did see on Ebay they have replacements though.

eaee_1.JPG

Stole??? $7.00 plus tax...I did give her $8.00 and told her to keep the change. Bowls from eBay, but the beaters were Hobart priced. I think Valiant might have had them for a skosh less. A friend gave me a grain mill, and I picked up a food grinder for it. The older, metal one. I have a boudin recipe. I think I got away for about $260 total. Still not too bad. The machine itself is like new, but a generation or so back. And the 3600 is nice. Probably better than the new ones. No pthalates or Bisphenol A. Definitely better looking, especially if you dig retro. Kinda Flash Gordony. Get the kit to plug off the petcock on the cannister. Else things will grow there. I will be baking this weekend, and am going to compare critically against my ancient but bulletproof K45. It's already points up in the size, weight and price categories.

Last edited:
I still think you got a criminally great deal! I am so jealous.

I bet you will love to bake with this beauty. Keep your old K45 around to do light tasks, but let your muscle man do the hard jobs.

I thought you would like the retro styling and power of your VM 3600. I have an almost identical Vita Mix 4000.

Long live the VINTAGE!

regarding vintage appliances:
I stumbled upon
automaticwasher.org
collectors of vintage wasing machines.
I remember summer of '76 and completely remodeling my moms kitchen while she was away on vacation. with a Fridgidaire Touch 'N Cook smoothtop range, the backsplash was all electronic touchpads, no knobs anywhere! and a Fridgidaire Refreshment Center Refrigerator, ice, water, and two bevs of your choice in the door. Inside the door where two compartments that held liquid concentrate, like OJ or Zarex that mixed with water and came out of the door.
Friend of mines mother still has her Fridgidaire Crown Imperial Range, circa 1965, same as samantha had in bewitched, the burners pull out like a drawer and the oven is overhead.
Dan

I MUST have a vintage cookie press! The new ones just don't work as well.

img_601577_0_fa94044254f1a330d2464edbd7f5631e.jpg

Mine is like that one.
I have to keep an eye out online to pick up one for each of my kids too!

I had one like this, but I never got the chance to use it and lost it!

Great pics, BTW!!

Yeah, these things can be obtained, but be prepare to fork over big bucks for them.:ohmy:

I have my mother's cookie press.

She didn't use it much, and I don't either.

I have an electric Sunbeam bistro cooker. Not sure of age, it is a combination deep fryer, with a crock pot insert for slow cooking as well as a steamer for rice or vegies, as well as just an electric saucepan.

Very versatlie and works great ... :)

Uncle Bob,
My mother had a chambers range, also. Wish I had it today. I can't see if yours has a well in it. We used to cook things like New England Boiled dinner or Chicken Frickasee (sp?) in it.I loved that stove. Unfortunately, my sister bought my mom's house and didn't like the stove, so she had it broken down and got rid of it. If I had known , I would gladly have taken it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom