G Forman/Panini ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PolishedTopaz

Sous Chef
:D Hi all........

Any good ideas for a panini sammich?? I did the quesadilla route {turned out good} and tried a ruben too, it was OK but the deli messed up and gave me turkey pastrami instead of beef :( was none to happy about it. Anyway.... any good ideas for the grill??? Thanks in Advance.

How about ham and swiss cheese? Spread the inside of the bread with a mix of mayo, dijon mustard, and basil.

That's about as exotic as I get when it comes to this kind of sandwich.

If you want really exotic, I'm sure I could think up something made with marshmallow fluff, canned tuna, and chocolate. :LOL:

I would make a cuban. It would not be authentic, but you could put it on a chrunchy french baugette? Ham, Spiced pork, pickle, creole mustard and swiss.

Psiguyy said:

If you want really exotic, I'm sure I could think up something made with marshmallow fluff, canned tuna, and chocolate. :LOL:

LMAO..... and deep fried ice cubes???? :LOL:

Get a small baguette and slice it to the wanted length, then slice it in half. On one side put mozarella di buffalo, on the other piece tomato, a few shredded leaves of basil. Put them together and drizzle both sides with olive oil.

I make dessert paninis ... any sweet bread (cinammon, walnut "artisan" type is beyond excellent, anything sweet) spread with butter on outsides for browning ... and any sweet filling (chocolate and marzipan is excellent, chocolate and ANYTHING is excellent, cream cheese and jam, cream cheese and chocolate, cream cheese and cream cheese, fruit with anything sweet or alone).

Serve on plate sprinkled with confectioner's sugar, perhaps dotted with jam, chocolate sauce, sugar glazed nuts, fruit, whipped cream ...

Really elegant dessert or party treat, especially as the holidays and cold weather approach ...

Liza

Here's my favorite panino recipe!!!

Basil Oil
1 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
1 garlic clove
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Get a loaf of ciabatta and cut to the size sandwich you want to make.

Spread some of this oil on each side. Then here's what I add:

proscuitto
water-packed mozzarella, sliced
roasted red pepper
fresh tomatoes (roma or whatever looks the best)
handful of mesclun mix

Pack all of that onto the sandwich and grill - it is HEAVEN!!!!

I tend to use these same ingredients for several things - here's a link to my favorite antipasto salad Antipasto Salad with Basil Dressing

I also made a pasta salad by including all of the above ingrdients and adding small bowtie pasta and frozen peas (unthawed of course!). Then the dressing for this was the basil oil above and a couple splashes of balsamic vinegar. In this salad I used grape tomatoes cut in half.

PolishedTopaz said:
Psiguyy said:

LMAO..... and deep fried ice cubes???? :LOL:

Nope. Deep fried Mayonnaise! LOL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom