"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories

Old 10-27-2011, 03:06 PM   #11
Master Chef

A lot of times closed down places sell everything to an action house. I do not know how to look for one, but I do know that you are corect you can get really good prices on stuff. However it doesn't neccessary means you'll get good stuff. I bough a frying pan from a restaurant supply store a while ago, at the same time I bought one, also comercial type, from Sam's club. The one from reataurant supply is ready for the garbage. The sam's club one is still in pefect conidition.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:44 PM   #12
Assistant Cook

I know! I scored an awesome deal on a complete Cuisinart cookware set last Black Friday on Amazon. I had my eye on that set for at least half an year, and I'm so glad I waited for Black Friday :)

Old 11-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #13
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
A lot of times closed down places sell everything to an action house. I do not know how to look for one, but I do know that you are corect you can get really good prices on stuff. However it doesn't neccessary means you'll get good stuff. I bough a frying pan from a restaurant supply store a while ago, at the same time I bought one, also comercial type, from Sam's club. The one from reataurant supply is ready for the garbage. The sam's club one is still in pefect conidition.
As in with anything, you have to know what makes a good piece of equipment and be able to recognize the signs of a well made pan. You can find good and bad cookware from ANY source.

But after you have educated yourself on quality, you can find bargains in used restaurant supply stores or on the net. But I bet you, I will pay far less in a used restaurant supply store than ANYTHING you can find on places like Amazon!
The luster of shiny new appliances can't compete with the virtues of Vintage: namely durability, simplicity, superior cooking and a cool retro look. http://leoladyshousecollectiblesandg....blogspot.com/
http://leoladysw.blogspot.com/
Leolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I'm a huge fan of Amazon; whatever I'm thinking of buying, I look there first. I, too, did not find restaurant supply stores a bargain, which is why I got more for the stock pot than I paid for it!! (Amazon wasn't invented then).
I *knew* I'd seen you somewhere! I do a LOT of shopping on Amazon also! Maybe ten items a month. Love the place! Great prices usually. See ya there!

Tags
cookware