"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories

Old 06-27-2008, 05:33 AM   #11
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to Adillo303
Since I am not near the tour / store, I was tempted not to read this thread. I have been coveting the bowl shield for my KA in hopes of averting the "flour explosion". Now I know that help does not lie in a bowl shield.

I had a KA hand mixer for lots of years. Whatever goomitzagam that holds one fo the beaters in broke. The beater would fall out. Made do with it a year or so. I looked for parts and found that KA does not sell any parts for hand mixers. One day, I could not find it, DW casually says "You said it was broken, so I tossed it". Could use a hand mixer, whipping cream in the KA stand is messy. Also, thank you for the tip on more power with more speeds.

AC

Old 06-27-2008, 08:36 AM   #12
Senior Cook

I saw on the kitchen Aid boards that all of the hand mixers have the same motor , the only difference is the number of speeds...

Old 06-27-2008, 04:49 PM   #13
Certified Pretend Chef

Make sure the top speed of the mixer you buy is fast enough. Compare a couple of models if possible. Our KA hand mixer won;t whip cream any time soon.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:13 AM   #14
Assistant Cook

I've been to the KitchenAid Experience store. It is fun! I was amazed at the little town. They have a small KitchenAid timeline in the basement where the refurbs are...it is interesting seeing all the old mixers. They have one that they mounted a pen on...and it shows the precision of the mixing action. I didn't buy much because I already have a KA mixer, FP, blender, etc. I did see their new slow cooker...it looks neato!

I wanted to tour the factory...but we had been driving all day and it is quite a ways off the interstate. By the time I got there the tours had ended for the day.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:22 AM   #15
Senior Cook

I wound up not going. First I found the accessories that I was looking for, for my food processor at an online store called comfort house, which was having a sale and was where i got the food processor in the first place. ThenI called the kitchen aid store. A nice enough lady answered the phone and told me that they were very limited in what they had in stock. When I asked about the items that I potentially wanted, the prices were no better than BB&B with a coupon. I have 20-30 coupons.
So I figured why waste the gas...
Old 08-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #16
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to SpiceUmUp
I was at the KA experience store for the third time two weeks ago. GREAT place, wonderful cooking demonstrations and the ladies that work there are wonderful. There is a little KA museum in the basement with the Refurbs and closeouts.

The town on Greenville is really nice. I would avoid the MAID-RITE sandwiches but they are a local favorite and the place really draws a crowd.

The Factory tour is fun and informative. Wear very comfortable shoes and be ready for a long long walk. The people that work there are great and don't seem to mind a bunch of gawkers walking through the place.

Try to go to Greenville in Late July for Annie Oakley Days. Side walk sales, live music in front of the courthouse and a county fair a mile or so outside of town.

Many good deals at the Experience store so bring a full wallet and an empty trunk.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:18 PM   #17
Assistant Cook

I think for hand mixer, currently the best in the market is either make by Cuisinart or KitchenAid. I currently own a Cuisinart PowerSelect CHM7, it's work great for me.

reesecook is offline   Reply With Quote