"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories

Old 06-26-2008, 08:27 PM   #1
Senior Cook

Going to the Kitchen Aid Experience Store

This weekend. And if I am successful and not letting the few pennies I have burn a hole in my pocket, I should be able to buy a few toys if the prices are right. IE better the BB&B with coupons. My questions are

Have any of you been there... whats it like

I want a kitchen aid hand mixer... are more speeds better?

Is there anything I need to be on the lookout for?

Old 06-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #2
Sous Chef

What?! You are going where?? How do I get there? How long will it take? How much are you allowed to buy? Should I rent a truck?

Old 06-26-2008, 09:29 PM   #3
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to Russellkhan
From what I've read, the hand mixers with more speeds have more power and get better reviews.

In case it's not clear, I don't have one and haven't used one - I'm just a compulsive online window-shopper. I recommend Epinions and Amazon for online reviews.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
Senior Cook

The Kitchen Aid expierence Factory store. Where you can the tour and see how the big beast (6 qt mixer) is made in Greenville,Ohio. My wife's girls thing is having a pow wow in columbus and rather than being stuck in a hotel room all day, I am driving the 1.5 hrs to greenville and doing something useful and productive.
Then, also, may the good Lord be praised, I got paid... I do contract electric work, the bills are paid... and thank God again, I didn't get enough to really think about getting that icebox that I want for the garage. But if I had gotten it, i wouldn't have blinked twice about getting a 17" laptop.

Anyways... I want all the accessory blades for my food processor, maybe SS jar for the mixer, 2 of the freezable ice cream bowls for the mixer, the covers for all of the above if they are cheap, oh yeah, i want another slow cooker as well. And the hand mixer. But the goods have to be cheaper than what I can get at BB&B with a coupon and kitchen collection on sale. And those 2 can be hard to beat

But at the very least, I will have a kitchen aid expierence to look back on
Old 06-26-2008, 10:04 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilasman View Post
The Kitchen Aid expierence Factory store. Where you can the tour and see how the big beast (6 qt mixer) is made in Greenville,Ohio. My wife's girls thing is having a pow wow in columbus and rather than being stuck in a hotel room all day, I am driving the 1.5 hrs to greenville and doing something useful and productive.
Then, also, may the good Lord be praised, I got paid... I do contract electric work, the bills are paid... and thank God again, I didn't get enough to really think about getting that icebox that I want for the garage. But if I had gotten it, i wouldn't have blinked twice about getting a 17" laptop.

Anyways... I want all the accessory blades for my food processor, maybe SS jar for the mixer, 2 of the freezable ice cream bowls for the mixer, the covers for all of the above if they are cheap, oh yeah, i want another slow cooker as well. And the hand mixer. But the goods have to be cheaper than what I can get at BB&B with a coupon and kitchen collection on sale. And those 2 can be hard to beat

But at the very least, I will have a kitchen aid expierence to look back on
Forget the covers that keep the flour from blowing out they don't work you are better wrapping a dish towel around the sides.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:01 PM   #6
Senior Cook

I have that cover
at best it is sometimey
I meant the covers that keep the dust from settling on the mixer/blender/foodprocessor that keep the grease from mixing with that dust and making them impossible to clean
Old 06-26-2008, 11:03 PM   #7
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to Russellkhan
Those are nice. I want one for my mixer, not sure if the KA one will fit though and I've never seen one made for mine (Electrolux DLX).
Old 06-26-2008, 11:14 PM   #8
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to AMSeccia
I have the KA cover. We have a love-hate relationship. Would rather see the copper glisten, but that dust and grease you speak of is a real issue so I tend to keep it covered unless I'm in a run or wave of heavy use. It's a very nice cover, and fits well (even with those useless flour guard/cover) with pockets on each side for your manual or the KA cookbook if you like to keep it there, but it's not as pretty as the mixer itself. :)

As for the hand mixer, I don't have the KA, but I do have a similar Cuisinart which I love. I would always go for more speeds, personally, but I would get the model with the most power (watts).
Old 06-26-2008, 11:31 PM   #9
Cook

I'm too jealous to post.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:33 PM   #10
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to AMSeccia
Ha JillyBean, good one! I too am very envious!