Help w/Breadmaker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
could it be murphy's law?

If you are using the exact same ingredients and the exact same methodology to measure the ingredients, one possible explanation could be that your bread machine went kaput and is not operating properly.

Just a thought. :)

I don't think I'd make bread either if it wasn't for the machine. It keeps the flour mess all in one area, in the machine. You don't need to pay attention to anything (knocking the dough down, rekneading, reshaping) once the machine gets going until the smell of fresh baked bread fills the house. And even then it will shut off and go to a warm cycle, but I find that gives you a thicker crust, so I pull my bread out as soon as it's done.

it's much easier for me. it's hands free
besides that, it mixes, kneads, and provides a conducive environment for the dough to rise. no mixer does all that

I think it is probably the flour. The flour was a little old and had settled.I wanted to use up the old stuff . I am gong to make a small loaf and fresh flour and stir it up a bit, that and the water temp. should help. If not I am back to the drawing boared.

Git digital scale and weigh all of your ingredients, water,flour,salt,etc. Git a instant read thermometer and use it , use your scale and your bread will come out much better. Every baker worth his yeast has both and has very few failures, Temperature is critical any thing over 115*F will kill your yeast

Amen. Amen. Amen. I've been cooking almost everything using a digital scale for years. Couldn't be easier, more efficient and more accurate. Plus, you dirty up far fewer measuring tools.

It's also great for portioning out "bulk" foods for the freezer. Love my little digital helper.

If you are using a breadmaker, you can't mix everything together especially the yeast, try to each ingredient in different location.

If this is not working, then maybe it is the yeast ...

Back
Top Bottom