ISO advice/recipes for foodcutters (?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luca Lazzari

Sous Chef
Hi friends,

I recently bought these things:

40791-albums373-picture2934.jpg

I don't even know what's their English name, I used "food cutters" in the title but I'm not sure.
Now, I wonder: do you use them?
Would you like to share some of your recipes or techniques for the best results with these shiny shapes? I mean, on their box are printed some gorgeus pieces of assembled food... :pig:
Any help highly appreciated, thanks! :)

Last edited:
Hi, Luca - these look like what I would call ring molds and/or biscuit cutters. Use them to cut shapes out of dough (biscuit cutting) or fill them with food/ingedients that sticks together enough to retain the shape of the mold when it is removed.

Last edited:
One use could be to cut cookies or cakes in shapes for baking or presentation.

Another use could be for food presentation on a plate. One would serve as a form to fill with food so you can stack it high then remove the mold to leave the shaped food on the plate for further decoration.

Hi, Luca - these look like what I would call ring molds and/or biscuit cutters. Use them to cut shapes out of dough (biscuit cutting) or fill them with food/ingedients that sticks together enough to retain the shape of the mold when it is removed.

Hi mudbug, thanks for the lexical info and for the advice, I think I will try cutting some pizza dough layers, and pile up some other ingredients. For example, layer of dough, slice of tomato, dough, mozzarella, dough, eggplant, dough scamorza... :wacko:

One use could be to cut cookies or cakes in shapes for baking or presentation.

Another use could be for food presentation on a plate. One would serve as a form to fill with food so you can stack it high then remove the mold to leave the shaped food on the plate for further decoration.

Hi Andy M., I'm not such a big fan of presentation, I lack the patience... But I'll follow your advice trying to start from something really EASY, like cutting some fancy sandwich!

Thanks

Luca

Castagne e cioccolato torte ?

Now that's a great idea! Because I love the castagne (as in the castagnaccio) and I LOVE cioccolato (as in eveything...)!
I could try doing a castagnaccio, then cut it in shapes and serve them to my guests (concealed in the kitchen, I would obviously eat all the cut left-overs :)).

Thanks justplainbill

I think they should have come with hooks so they can be used on the Christmas tree.

pacanis said:
I think they should have come with hooks so they can be used on the Christmas tree.

I have a friend who made ear rings out of small reindeer shaped cookie cutters. She gave them to me. I wore them one time, and then made them into ornaments for the tree.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom