ISO sauce pan with glass lid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw this Cuisinart Nonstick Hard Anodized 1 1/2 quart pan at Bed Bath and am thinking of buying it. Does anyone have this pan or would recommend it?

Cuisinart Chef's Classic Nonstick Hard Anodized 1-1/2-Quart Saucepan - BedBathandBeyond.com

Personally, I'm not a fan of pans with dark interiors. It's difficult to tell whether the food is getting too dark, i.e., starting to burn. And I prefer stainless steel to nonstick, except for one skillet that I use for eggs and crepes.

What do you intend to use it for? 1.5 quarts is kind of small.

I also use cast iron or stainless and non-stick only for eggs and crepes.

I use a 1 1/2 qt. pot to make rice for 4 people and other small amounts of pasta etc..

I have a few teflon pans and sometimes use them of eggs and always for omelets. However, I cook a complete breakfast in my CI skillet. Sausages and hash browns go in together then are plated. Then two eggs go in for over easy frying. They slide right into the plate.

I also use cast iron or stainless and non-stick only for eggs and crepes.

I use a 1 1/2 qt. pot to make rice for 4 people and other small amounts of pasta etc..

A pan that size does have its uses. Depending on what else one has, it may not be as versatile as a larger one.

I wasn't thinking about my cast iron as being a dark pan, although of course, it is ;) I don't usually make pan sauces in those, though.

Personally, I'm not a fan of pans with dark interiors. It's difficult to tell whether the food is getting too dark, i.e., starting to burn. And I prefer stainless steel to nonstick, except for one skillet that I use for eggs and crepes.

What do you intend to use it for? 1.5 quarts is kind of small.

I'm not sure what I'll be using it for other than making rice and boiling vegetables. I cook for just myself and sometimes a guest. I was thinking of getting this one over the all stainless because it's so affordable at $19.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

I have a few teflon pans and sometimes use them of eggs and always for omelets. However, I cook a complete breakfast in my CI skillet. Sausages and hash browns go in together then are plated. Then two eggs go in for over easy frying. They slide right into the plate.

Andy, do you have any nonstick saucepans? If so which ones?

That's sure a great price for that pan but according to one review..

Wow thanks for pointing that out. Maybe there's a better alternative. I didn't want to spend $39 for the all stainless saucepan.

I think 1 1/2 quarts (6 cups) is rather small as someone else has also pointed out. I have a very small saucepan but it gets used infrequently. My "go-to" pan is 2 quarts. Just my feedback.

I have a 2 quart and use it only occasionally.

Wow thanks for pointing that out. Maybe there's a better alternative. I didn't want to spend $39 for the all stainless saucepan.

The review is the first on the link you left from BB&B..
Cuisinart® Chef's Classic™ Nonstick Hard Anodized 1-1/2-Quart Saucepan - BedBathandBeyond.com

For what it's worth, and for your uses, I'd buy it. It's a great buy! Heck yeah.. cooking for one or two..oatmeal, rice, veggies...you can't go wrong for $20.00 with a glass lid!

Last edited:
The review is the first on the link you left from BB&B..
Cuisinart® Chef's Classic™ Nonstick Hard Anodized 1-1/2-Quart Saucepan - BedBathandBeyond.com

For what it's worth, and for your uses, I'd buy it. It's a great buy! Heck yeah.. cooking for one or two..oatmeal, rice, veggies...you can't go wrong for $20.00 with a glass lid!

Did you see the other one I posted? It's an all stainless Calphalon with a glass lid for just $24, plus I have a 20% off coupon. I'm going to order that one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom