"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories

Old 12-27-2004, 09:07 PM   #11
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
It was rather funny after the fact. Hubby had been using super glue on something & left it lying on the back of the washer. She climbed up on a paint can & got the glue while I was in the shower. When I walked back into the kitchen, she was stuck to the floor & my son had the little push pin top glued to his thumb from where he was trying to take it away from here. She came off the floor pretty easily her toes were the hard part. I luckly have an aunt who is an RN/EMT & I called her she said to use ice & freeze it off & then use a nail polish romover with acetone to get the rest of the super glue off. It worked so there were no trips to the ER that night!

Old 12-27-2004, 09:09 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to Russell
that happened to my dad 2 summers ago. but he cut it so far down that they had to put like tar on his thumb until it healed OUCH!

Old 12-28-2004, 01:08 AM   #13
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to pst1can
Bucky...you gave me my evening chuckle again!!!! It must be Christmas, just saw the Christmas story again on TV with the kids and all I could think of was you being the little boy with his tongue stuck to the frozen metal pole....Hold on Bucky, the fire trucks are on their way!!!! Pst
Old 12-28-2004, 05:35 PM   #14
Master Chef

Living up her in yooper country, I did as every boy under the sun has probably done and froze my tongue to cold metal in the winter. Fortunately, it was only my mailbox. I was able to put my bare hand inside and warm up the metal so that I didn't lose any tongue. my youngest son (now 21) wasn't so fortunate. He froze his tongue to a steel handrail at about age 6. He lost tongue tissue. It wasn't a good day for him. Fortunately, the tongue tissue and taste buds genrally grow back, if the damage isn't too severe. It grew back for him.

And people, I don't recomend doing this little trick. Curiosity about what it feels like is what gets people in trouble. Be curious about something else .

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 01:01 PM   #15
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
I don't keep super glue around my house since the time my daughter super glued her toes together & feet to the kitchen floor! :roll:
Oh my My first child turns 1 in just a few days so I am looking forward to having stories like these of my own before too long. :roll:
Old 01-05-2005, 01:03 PM   #16
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North
Curiosity about what it feels like is what gets people in trouble. Be curious about something else .
Its not curiosity that gets people in trouble, its another thing altogether
Old 01-05-2005, 01:06 PM   #17
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalAether
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewsk
I don't keep super glue around my house since the time my daughter super glued her toes together & feet to the kitchen floor! :roll:
Oh my My first child turns 1 in just a few days so I am looking forward to having stories like these of my own before too long. :roll:
Congrats DA!! The stories get even better as they get older! My daughter was 2 1/2 at the time this happened. Since then we have had a lot of interesting things happen. :roll:
Old 01-06-2005, 08:09 PM   #18
Master Chef

Did I mention that one of my boys accidently shot the other right between the eyes with a multi-pump b-b/pellet rifle? Oh, and I accidently piloted a dirt bike off of a 30-foot cliff at about age 21. And then there's the time I and a freind paddled a connoe accross a 3/4 wide stretch of river, in the dead of night, without a flashlight, or any kind of light. We had to paddle very fast to avoid being run over by an 800 foot long lake freighter that couldn't see us as it steamed up-river. And these are jsut a sampling of a life spent persuing adventure and excitement.

Crewsk is right. The stories I have about myself and freinds are hair-raising enough. The things that have happened to my children as they passed from infancy to adulthood test a father's, and mother's heart. But I woldn't have it any other way. We learn from our mistakes, and usually, we seem to avoid death and serious injury while making them. You should see the gravel and sand pits I used to sled on in my youth. No one in their right mind would have done such things. Maybe Bill Cosby's line is correct, you know, the one that states that before the age of 21, all children are brain damaged. :D

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 09:31 AM   #19
Head Chef

Good grief!!! I don't know whether to ROFL at this thread (which I admit to), or to shudder!

And I thought I saw some interesting things on a daily basis...!

Crewsk, I'm sure your aunt told you that we use a type of Super Glue in ER all the time. Sure glad you evaded the trip to ER that day, but it sounds like you would have needed to first lift up the floor to get there!
Old 01-08-2005, 10:07 AM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North
Did I mention that one of my boys accidently shot the other right between the eyes with a multi-pump b-b/pellet rifle?
lol, gw. i was sitting on a bean bag chair in front of a friend once, watching tv, with my feet up. he pumped up his bb gun 'till it could take no more, and tried to "wing" the tip of my sneaker unbeknownst to me.
suddenly, there was a stinging/burning feeling in my foot. i jumped up thinking there was a bee or spider in my shoe, so i kicked it off. i felt this thing rolling around in my sock, and pulling it off i discovered the bb. it had passed thru the top of my sneaker, thru the top of my sock, right between my toes.
at least your boys have good aim, lol.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote