Kitchen scale, do you get strange looks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In our state they want to make it so that it is required to have a prescription to buy any sudafed. Talk about making the price of an over the counter decongestant sky rocket. I only considered my kitchen scale for measuring recipe ingredients. Great for bread making and having a consistant amount of flour, no worry about packed flour or to sifted.

Breaking Bad is about a High School science teacher (Bryan Cranston) who is diagnosed with cancer. He wants to leave his family some money when he is gone so he starts making and selling meth. He does not use it. To look at him you would think he is like anyone else you know.

Breaking Bad is about a High School science teacher (Bryan Cranston) who is diagnosed with cancer. He wants to leave his family some money when he is gone so he starts making and selling meth. He does not use it. To look at him you would think he is like anyone else you know.

I just find it ironic that I am carded for a decongestant, that I need to make my life livable, but have never been carded for alcohol...:ohmy:

Everyone one gets carded for wine at the automated check out at the grocery store. I look over at the person who is assigned to help, "You don't really want to see my ID do you?" They don't ask to see my ID when I ask for the senior's discount :LOL:

Last edited:
Don't most kitchen scales go up to at least a pound?? That would be a lot of drugs! The digital scales I always saw people using for shady purposes were the kind that go down to a tenth of a gram and only go up to about an once or so (not that I hang around people like that anymore ;) )

I was carded once...only once...I was 36 at the time. I was sooooo pleased. Dang, if I look that young, growing old ain't so bad! Well, that delusion didn't last long...oh well.

Bed Bath and Beyond and Williams-Sonoma seem to be able to keep the digital scales on their shelves ok; but then again they don't charge $9.99 for them either.

Last edited:
Too cold outside!:ROFLMAO: I'm looking at a pair of titanium knees in the near future.

As for Sudafed...I had my doctor write me a perscription...no more funny looks. They have to sell me enough to get through a month and it's always ready for me. It's the only thing that will decongest my ears so I don't get ear infections.

My newest scale has programming for 1900 foods, giving you the nutrition content, sodium, fiber, fat, etc. for the amount of food you put on it. It's really cool...I've been having fun with it.
You need to sign for Zyrtec also.

Do you have a link to that scale? I have heard of them and thought it would be good to know the carbs and such.

I use a scale for measuring fruits and sugar when making jellies... but I definitely did get some strange looks buying it, perhaps because I'm so young lol! Who knows what they thought I'd be doing with that scale... but I guess now I know lol! :]

Same here, made sense once she told me. I could use a nice kitchen scale and it looked decent even for $10. I can continue to use my postage scale for now! :LOL:

You would be the only person in the US to ever use a postage scale to weight a letter!
smoking-smiley-5415.gif
:ROFLMAO:

Rob Babcock said:
You would be the only person in the US to ever use a postage scale to weight a letter! :ROFLMAO:

Nope, my sister has so that she could send me to the post office with the correct amount of postage!

*raises hand* Has a special separate set of kitchen scales for postage reasons :LOL: They're useful, okay! And cheaper than buying a proper postage scales set.

I guess when it comes to kitchen scales, some people will now see it as having your cooks, and then your 'cooks'...

Back
Top Bottom