Kitchen Toys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had lots of things in Australia that I sold or gave away, as I had a limit on what I could bring over. I have never replaced the breadmaker, as I discovered I really love doing it by hand.

I can't live without my hand held electric egg beater, and my hand held electric processor thingie. And not a gadget as such, but i don't know where I woudl be without my Le Crueset casserole dish. i adore it, and it loves me back!!

Instead of buying gadgets I tend to hoard baking dishes and mixing bowls, I love the old english sturdy mixing bowls, and whenever I see one at a charity shop, it comes home with me.

buckytom said:
i lost the little beater arm for my breadmaker, so now i have one more gadget that just collects dust. i'll have to get around to getting the model # so i can buy a replacement, so at least it will be a functioning bredamaker collecting dust.

I was going to say, I thought you'd be able to buy a replacement.. then I finished reading the end of your post.

mish... I think I saw the thing on tv you were referring to... was it by some company called Ronco? A guy named Ron Popeil (sp?) sells a lot of that stuff and he was also selling knives on this infomercial. It looks like it would work (food injector), but they make that stuff look so convincing on tv.. I'm always leary of that stuff.

Thanks for the tips, Michael. Sounds alot easier than my idea -- a hammer, a big nail & turkey baster.

Hiya, Julie. Yes, the presentation was by Ron Popeil. I watched it on qvc, not the infomercial. I think it was a special price of about $20 for three injectors (2 solid & 1 liquid) special to qvc. At the time, I think he was selling his rotisserie on QVC too. I prefer buying from qvc or hsn rather than infomercials, because theyare live cooking demos; and they stand behind their merchandise. (But, I do go check the prices out on ebay.) I've also thinking about the Magic Bullet, since my farberware food processor finally bit the dust after 20 years, & the blender went long ago.

I especially like watching the cookware demos when Wolfie is on hsn, cause he cooks up all these yummmy goodies. This weekend he made all kinds of dishes on his panini maker, pizzas in his convection oven, I could go on & on. Guess I already did.

My father could never pass up a bargain, so once he bought 10 potato peelers because they were on sale cheap. I inherited a lot of crap that I don't use.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom