"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories
Click Here to Login
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2014, 04:37 PM   #21
Head Chef
Zagut's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Friendship,MD.
Posts: 1,299
BT, They have testers that are a swab you rub on the item and see the color change. It should work on your pots and pans. Due to work I had to be certified in lead abatement and have been since 2010. The swabs you should be able to get at your box store. They give you an indication of the presence of lead but if you want to know the amounts you'll need to send them to a lab. If your home was built after 1978 you don't have to test for lead because it's use was stopped before that time.

Now as to your other problem I suggest you be a really nice guy and buy your tradesperson's this product. You'll save yourself and others the horror of the problem that crack kills.

Men's Short Sleeve Longtail T Shirt Crack Spackle - Duluth Trading
Attached Images

Zagut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:43 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire
buckytom's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: My mountain
Posts: 20,482
thanks, zag.

and lol.

"Thunderbolt and lightening,
very, very frightening me!" Galileo
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.