"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories

Old 02-16-2010, 10:17 AM   #1
Senior Cook

Looking for these beer glasses

Hi

I know this is a "cookware" forum and glassware isn't exactly cookware, but I did not really see another forum that would be more appropriate, so here goes.

I have been searching around for some Belgian-style beer glasses (to serve Stella Artois in - I know I can buy their own glasses at Target, but I do not want the logo) and I finally found the absolute perfect ones, but I cannot find out where to buy them. It sounds strange, but here's how it goes: I found a company that makes Bormioli Rocco glasses, and on their webpage is a photo of some beer glasses - the exact ones I want. Problem is, they don't sell or manufacture the ones in the picture. And I've contacted the company and they seem clueless on what the glasses in the picture are. Bizarre that they have a picture of glasses on their website that they have no idea where to find them. Anyways, I know this is a huge shot in the dark, but I want these glasses so bad... if anyone can possibly find the origins of these glasses or recognize them, I would appreciate it tremendously. Here is the photo and a link to the page (the glasses I want are the ones in the photo where there are three lined up - they look like goblets but the distinguishing factor is the little bubble in the stem):

http://www.steelite.com/home/products-services/2/96/99

Thank you so much!

Old 02-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #2
Sous Chef

Here is something similar Anchor Hocking 07767 20 oz. Weiss Schooner 12 / CS

Will do some more looking later.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #3
Head Chef

Here's another shot in the dark. If Target has the glasses you want at a reasonable price. I would be tempted to try and remove the logo. The solvent is probably either alcohol, lacquer thinner, or something similar. If it doesn't work, at least you have a cool set of glasses.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjim68 View Post
Here's another shot in the dark. If Target has the glasses you want at a reasonable price. I would be tempted to try and remove the logo. The solvent is probably either alcohol, lacquer thinner, or something similar. If it doesn't work, at least you have a cool set of glasses.
I had the same thought but some Stella Artois logos are etched into the glass. As you can see from my avatar, logos are less important to me than the glass' shape.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:23 PM   #5
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankin View Post
Hi

I know this is a "cookware" forum and glassware isn't exactly cookware, but I did not really see another forum that would be more appropriate, so here goes.

I have been searching around for some Belgian-style beer glasses (to serve Stella Artois in - I know I can buy their own glasses at Target, but I do not want the logo) and I finally found the absolute perfect ones, but I cannot find out where to buy them. It sounds strange, but here's how it goes: I found a company that makes Bormioli Rocco glasses, and on their webpage is a photo of some beer glasses - the exact ones I want. Problem is, they don't sell or manufacture the ones in the picture. And I've contacted the company and they seem clueless on what the glasses in the picture are. Bizarre that they have a picture of glasses on their website that they have no idea where to find them. Anyways, I know this is a huge shot in the dark, but I want these glasses so bad... if anyone can possibly find the origins of these glasses or recognize them, I would appreciate it tremendously. Here is the photo and a link to the page (the glasses I want are the ones in the photo where there are three lined up - they look like goblets but the distinguishing factor is the little bubble in the stem):

http://www.steelite.com/home/products-services/2/96/99

Thank you so much!

Dibor | R530 Esmeralda 4 Wine Glasses Gift Set 24.95
http://www.frenchgeneralstore.com/ta.../stemware.html
Old 02-16-2010, 02:44 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Looks like the logo on Target's Stella Artois 11+ oz glasses should come off with paint remover, acetone, or alcohol.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:36 PM   #7
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplainbill View Post
Looks like the logo on Target's Stella Artois 11+ oz glasses should come off with paint remover, acetone, or alcohol.
Would that harm the glass at all...? How easy would that be to do without leaving any residue, etc., on the glass?
Old 03-01-2010, 03:25 PM   #8
Head Chef

It would not harm the glasses. The logo would either come off or not. None of the solvents listed would etch the glass unless it was already etched. The solvent would easily wash off.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:04 PM   #9
Head Chef

I searched several places...but it looks like "bormioli rocco" has several differant patterns..and nothing matches the one you show. Possibly it's a discontinued pattern. Check restaurant supply stores though...they could still have some in stock if it is discontinued. I'll keep my eye open for them too as I'm always searching restaurant supply places.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #10
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAYLINDA View Post
I searched several places...but it looks like "bormioli rocco" has several differant patterns..and nothing matches the one you show. Possibly it's a discontinued pattern. Check restaurant supply stores though...they could still have some in stock if it is discontinued. I'll keep my eye open for them too as I'm always searching restaurant supply places.
Thanks, I appreciate that. I just don't understand how no one at the company who shows that picture even knows what glasses those are. As if, how did that photo happen to be on their website? I find it strange. But oh well.