"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories
Old 10-01-2011, 11:10 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

A few hours above where I live is a huge Amish area and there is a supplier who has more parts for more meat grinders than I have ever seen.

This outfit will ship world wide too.

When I was there they had a room full of kero lamp chimneys of every imaginable size.
It was like stepping back 150 years in time.

You may contact them with info about your grinder and if they can provide it they sure will ship it.

Another thought is to visit a machine shop toward the end of the week like on a Friday when it is slow. Show them the blade and ask if they would know how to sharpen it or suggest for you to sharpen it. You may be able to place it on a fine
piece of sand paper on a very flat surface and just move it around in circles. Do both sides. They may have a suggestion for a method to do it and the grade of
sand paper or whatever.

Dee Jsaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:10 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
TaxLady--My DH can probably sharpen them for you. He has all those things in his machine shop one uses to sharpen blades. He could probably make you new ones as well. You could always drop them in the mail to me and then we could finally connect in C'wall. The garden was bust this year--not to mention I was in MN for 7 weeks.

I just bought a Cuisinart meat grinder. Probably should've asked questions about it first. Any comments on it folks? I haven't unpacked it, so I could take it back.

I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #13
Head Chef
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
From the manufacturer of your grinder...
That would be hard for me. Mine is an old hand grinder that I got from my mother, and she got from her mother - it must date back to the 1920's. When my mom passed away, it was the only item which my sister and I disputed ownership of. I won.
RPCookin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:48 AM   #14
Sous Chef
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Where does one buy new plates and blades?

gadzooks is offline   Reply With Quote