Most Beautiful Kitchen Equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GotGarlic - your kitchen looks like how I am looking to re-do mine, thanks for giving me some idea's

You're welcome - glad to help :)

So far, I haven't broken anything on it *knock on wood*. It's just so nice to cook in a beautiful kitchen with the new Calphalon cookware DH gave me for Christmas :cool: Not to mention the adorable berry-shaped Le Creuset casserole dishes he gave me, too. Another beautiful addition to the kitchen :chef:

Can't wait until I get my kitchen redone...it will still be tiny though.=o( lol I do all my prep work and stuff on a 2 1/2 square area between my stove and sink. I have decided I'm gonna go with Silestone instead of granite though.

I have to say my cooking equipment is more for use over beauty. The copper I once had simply was not worth the work it took to keep it looking nice.

Thanks, I love it :) I don't know what kind it is - I'll email the kitchen designer and ask. A lot of people have asked me what it is and where it came from.

Hi, again. I heard from the kitchen designer, and yes, it's St. Cecelia Dark, from Brazil. And the red spots are indeed garnet. Way cool :cool:

It's so hard to pick. My kitchen was a very dark, scary place til we re-did it last spring so everything in it is beautiful to me because it's so functional. My Calphalon cookware, my Katana knives, my stove and venthood, the red brick chimney I uncovered during the renovation. I do have a beautiful antique pressed glass punch bowl that one of my children found for me at a junk shop. It's huge and I keep it on the dining table filled with fruit so the boys can snack at will. I think that may be the thing I find most beautiful.

GotGarlic,
I have a Santa Cecilia slab on my living room (on a built in shelf/table) that looks very similar to the pic you posted. That's why I guessed it.

I would have to say my Staub and All-Clad stainless cookware. I love the shapes and design of the All-Clad cookware. I used to think the Le Creuset was gorgeous, until I saw a piece of Staub. I especially love the colors with the lighter highlights in the lettering and the bands like the Basil, Eggplant, Grenadine and Sunflower colors, and their fish, and rooster knobs. Just stunning! Almost too pretty to cook with...LOL!

I would have to throw in a vote for Staub as well; we have an oval cocotte in the pimento red, and that thing is just beautiful. I also own lots of LeCreuset, (some handed down from my grandmother, who is 92!) and now a couple of copper pieces (Mauviel, and Baumalu) that just beg to be cooked in. So I guess the cast iron and/or copper cookware are my favorites.

I would say my chrome KA mixer and my yellow and flame enameled cast iron cookware.

One of my All Clad fry pans with red and green bell pepper and red onion sauteing inside it or my saucier with some sort of sauce simmering away.

My Calphalon oval dutch oven in Cabernet red is great to look at, too.

I dont think I have anything beautiful, but I'm happy that my father bought me a whole set of Henkels pots and saute pan last time I went to visit, which is my first nice set of pots/pans (I'm 23). I am thankful my father is a chef! When he heard I was taking such an interest in cooking he was thrilled. I have always loved to bake and can make a really moist, flavorful banana bread (low fat too.. mmm). But I have never had to cook until I moved out, and I'm starting to love it.

They may not be as good as alot of your things, but I really like them. It's nice to have something shiny, stainless steel, and distributes heat well compared to the (pardon my French) s****y stuff where you have to replace them every couple of months.

I also really like my Henkels set of knives that I purchased on my own a little over a month and a half ago.

S.O has a really cute sushi set that we use once in a while when he has time to make sushi.

I haven't posted here, mostly because our kitchen is one step above a campfire. Will stay so until we get the $$$$ for a major renovation. However, what I think is beautiful in our goofy old kitchen are our wonderful pieces of cast iron. Love them and most of them have such a great history because they are so old. Unfortunately we'll never know their history because they can't talk.:(

In my mind, the most beautiful thing in my rustica Mexican kitchen is the color, especially the talavera tiles. The picture below is the "before" shot...
301356243_d1179a0209_m.jpg

297074829_b318011709_m.jpg

Not really kitchen equipment, but what I like best is my Kosta Boda (Swedish) art glass pieces , bowls and vases. I like the watercolor on my kitchen wall. I have computer generated , framed designs of colorful field peas, and in another, a couple of pears. I have some framed demitasse spoons in silver with semi-precious stones in the handles, the gift from a close friend in Mexico.

Yes, I like my pots and pans. They are practical. I am not.

In my mind, the most beautiful thing in my rustica Mexican kitchen is the color, especially the talavera tiles. The picture below is the "before" shot...
301356243_d1179a0209_m.jpg

297074829_b318011709_m.jpg
Oooooh, Karen, your kitchen is absolutely beautiful!!!! Did you do the paint and the tile? That color is delicious - my livingroom is almost the exact same color and it makes me happy every time I walk in there. I adore talavera ceramics and tiles, too. Thank you so much for sharing these pics.

Thanks so much, Fisher's Mom. We do love color, and we designed the new kitchen, but Mexicans are so skilled at working with concrete and tile, so we did not do the work. My countertops are stained and polished cement - I know that is also being done in the states, and I couldn't recommend it more highly. I can put a hot pan directly on the counter and not hurt it. It makes me so happy to cook there...A few days ago, I walked into the kitchen and DH said "Welcome to your kingdom! All of your loyal subjects are ready to do your bidding" as he pointed to each appliance. Very cute. I feel very blessed.

Mexico Karen - I'm interested in concrete/tile kitchen countertops. Can you tell me more about the stained and polished concrete/cement? And the tile? I love that look. It seems to be a classic in Mexico and slow to catch on here.

Simplicity, I sent you a personal email with some additional links, but since there is a big difference in construction techniques and labor costs between Mexico and the US, I'm not sure if I can be of much help. I also googled "polished cement counter tops" and came up with alot of info.

Back
Top Bottom