Most Beautiful Kitchen Equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Karen, i'm going to have to second the "hurray!" over your kitchen (the tilework is amazing!) and the fascination with stained concrete...off to peruse google!

i think my most beautiful kitchen items are my lenox fancy china,
lenox_china_columbia_bread_and_butter_plate_P0000049383S0022T2.jpg

but my nicest bit of kitchen *equipment* would def. be my katana chef's knife.
362788.jpg

Fireweaver, the china is indeed beautiful. I'll bet you can set a stunning table with it (I am seeing a beautiful cobalt blue tablecloth with violet napkins, lacy white flower arrangement).

Simplicity, I, too have a couple of Kosta Boda vases that were given to me as a farewell gift when I left Ft Monroe, Virginia. I love them. They are such a part of my home now, 20 years later, that I don't think much of them. Yes, I use them for flowers and cuttings at times. I was surprised when I threw a Christmas party a few years ago and a Swedish friend who had not been in the dining room before spotted them and was delighted that I had the good taste to own Kosta Boda, immediately recognising them.

Mexico Karen - Thanks for your help.

Claire - I have one tall blue vase as a centerpeice for my kitchen table. The sun hits it at just the right angle to show the colorations. They are special.

I like the looks of my copper cookware hanging from the ceiling. I recently gave most of my stainless away, and now use copper and cast iron. IMO few kitchen items look better than hand hammered copper with cast iron handles. My kitchen is vintage 80's with all the "upgrades" of the era. Jennair, formica, built in oven and micro, etc. It will put you to sleep. I am moving into a new home within the year, and the priority will be a form follows function kitchen.

Erik,
I love my knives and pots. Also my cutlery set which was gifted to me by my husband. now you know why it is my fav ;)

btw saw your soup blog. Awesome! I will surely give them a try...you know I love soups!!!!

Back
Top Bottom