Most Beautiful Kitchen Equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ErikC

Senior Cook
Most of the kitchen equipment I have is simply useful, while some were inherited. But my favorites are the ones that have their own inherent beauty aside from their usefulness.

My absolute faves are the copper bowls, and they are prominently displayed. Some are actually used, as they are the best thing ever when beating egg whites or cream, but I love them all just for the looks.

What's your most beautiful piece of kitchen equipment?

(And don't mention spouses -- if only because they would not appreciate being referred to as equipment ;))

my cookware is copper (French or Belgian) or Le Creuset, my range a Wolf, my counters granite, maple cabinets...it's a pretty attractive place. Took me 51 years to get there. Hope to keep using it in good health for some time ... that's why I got a pot of black eye peas on the fire right now! Happy 2008!

Well, it's hard to choose just one :) I've always liked pretty things - my Cutco knives have the pearl handles and I recently started collecting Le Creuset bakeware - I love them :) I also have a newly renovated kitchen with granite countertops and a ceramic floor, so the entire environment is beautiful:

Kitchen:
new-paint-job.jpg

Countertop:
granite.jpg

I'm told by a friend who is a geology professor that the red spots in the granite are garnet, so I have semi-precious stones in my countertops :)

I love granite tops! Once I own a house, that's the first improvement I will make! In fact, maybe even in my next car....:LOL:

just remember granite is hard, so whether you put a glass down too hard on the counter or smash your head into it in your car...owwww...

Most of my equipment is utilitarian and my kitchen though beautiful has a look that a lot of folks now have - dark cherry cabinets, pretty granite, stainless appliance setc.

I recently got a beautiful platinum Mikasa dinner set (8 of everything) that is gorgeous. I also got some beautiful mugs and glasses from Mikasa that are strikingly beautiful.

Finally my friend recently came back from Turkey and gifted me turkish coffee cups. They are ruby red with gold accents and a gold tsp and are simply stunning. I love to display them in my kitchen china cabinet.

I am going to India in the next two weeks for business and then taking a trip to Dubai and hoping to buy some unique stuff from there for my kitchen. They have beautiful arabian inspired china that I would love to display in my kitchen.

just remember granite is hard, so whether you put a glass down too hard on the counter or smash your head into it in your car...owwww...

Just out of curiosity, how often do you drive your car around in the kitchen with your head sticking out of the window?

To answer the question, my Gunter Wilhelm knives are the prettiest things in my kitchen,
GWonly.jpg

except for me, of course.
img_528505_1_59c78a899435f410b2e18cbe8a938e29.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, that was correct; but on second thought, it might not improve my gas mileage much, right?

It's not copper cookware, but I've taken a shine to my Farberware Advantage pots and pans. Brushed stainless may be utilitarian, but I have no desire to see my ugly mug in my cookware anyhow!

potsfn3.jpg

Last edited:
Fairly new, thank you! I got them a few months back. The aluminum skillet and nonstick skillet notwithstanding (nor the All-Clad butter warmer!), the set of pans was on clearance at my local ACO for $30. The other pans were all acquired in the last month or so.

GotGarlic - your kitchen looks like how I am looking to re-do mine, thanks for giving me some idea's

My most beautiful piece would be a hand painted tureen from Mackenzie Childs, that we received as a wedding gift.

I too have broken some wine glasses on granite as well as a bottle of wine.....I was opening it & accidentily hit the counter when I pulled out the cork. The bottom broke right off & very good wine went everywhere. It was very sad.

Affinity DeBuyer

The best stainless steel will be the Affinity of De Buyer

Attachments

• D3706.20.jpg
    D3706.20.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 300
  • D3718.24.jpg
    D3718.24.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 332
  • D3724.24.jpg
    D3724.24.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 294