My pressure cooker takes too long to cook the grained rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see your point. At the risk of sounding pedantic, I'm going to withdraw from this discussion before we begin calculating how many moles of nitrogen and oxygen there are at a given temperature and pressure in determining the value of water vs chicken soup! I feel like Larry, Moe and Curly. :wacko::blink::dizzy:

I see your point. At the risk of sounding pedantic, I'm going to withdraw from this discussion before we begin calculating how many moles of nitrogen and oxygen there are at a given temperature and pressure in determining the value of water vs chicken soup! I feel like Larry, Moe and Curly. :wacko::blink::dizzy:

I'm not feeling quite like Larry, Moe, and Curly. But I am feeling much like a sophist, talking about things just for the sake of discussion, and not really accomplishing anything useful. I too am stepping away. Still, it was an interesting discussion.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Hi, I wanted to tell you what I finally did.
As my PC has a relief valve which closes the hole using its own weight, I put one coin on it and after waiting for 10 minutes and lifting the relief valve (for me to be able to open the PC sooner), the rice was very well cooked. I guess with 8 minutes would have been enough.
I am happy that somehow we managed to reduce the total time needed.
Before I used to wait for 15 minutes + another 15 before opening the PC, but now what I did was to wait for 10 minutes + 2 minutes (lifting the relief valve), and I could open the PC inmediately.
At first I put four coins, but the result was dramatic, at some point I lifted the four coins and A LOT of foam and steam started coming out very fluently, I felt my PC could exploit :mrgreen:, I got a bit scared and put the fire out, after that I left just one coin.
By the way, the people near me who have PC don't use it to cook rice, that's why I couldn't get much information from them. I do live in Oruro, where we are at 3735 meters above the sea level and gravity is 9.76 [m/s^2] instead of 9.81 [m/s^2] at sea level.
I will continue trying to understand the physical reasons behind all the behaviour of this things. I very very much thank your help and opinions. Cheers.

Honestly I didn't try it, I bought the cooker to make grained rice. I can try to cook fried chicken meat, how much should I have to wait for it to be cooked?

Its very dangerous to use oil in a pressure cooker unless it was specifically designed as a "pressure fryer."

So unless yours is, I wouldn't think of doing it.

Particularly since yours apparently has no instructions ....

Josue,

You can probably get instructions from the Internet. Just Google the make and model, which should be imprinted on the bottom. That's how I got the instructions from the one we inherited.

Back
Top Bottom