Mystery tool

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bilagaana

Assistant Cook
In cleaning out my late parents' kitchen cabinets, we found the item in the picture (below). There is a Rowoco sticker on the handle. We've had no luck identifying its purpose. I've decided to ask the experts. Thanks.

Attachments

• rowoco 01 resized.jpg
    rowoco 01 resized.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 405
Looks like a forming tool, maybe for leather, or silver. Depending on its size, it could be used to press a crust into a pie pan as well. Those are my best guesses.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

additional info

I'm not finding an Edit function, so will add the following to my original post:

I neglected to mention this thing is about 15 or 16 inches in length and the disk at the business end is solid steel and rather heavy. It looks as if its made for reaching into an oven. The brand name Rowoco indicates it is some sort of kitchen utensil but I have been unable to find a similar item in any current catalog or other online listing, so far. A Google reverse image search yielded no useful results.

The long square rod from the handle is not the correct shape for a tenderizer. I'm thinking that the round piece goes into a socket on something - perhaps a vent on a wood stove? The length seems to indicate that you're reaching into some place hot.

It looks like a timbale iron for deep frying little pastry cases.

Similar to the irons used to make rosette waffle cookies.

It looks like a timbale iron for deep frying little pastry cases.

Similar to the irons used to make rosette waffle cookies.

I like that answer. It certainly could be used as such. The user would simply have to let working end sit in hot oil until the tool is hot, then dip it into the batter, and back into the oil. Aunt Bea, you're brilliant!:mrgreen:

My next guess was going to be: something to capture you spouse's attention when he/she wasn't paying attention to your direction.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom