Need gift ideas for HIM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sepandee

Assistant Cook
I was thinking of getting my friend a nice and cool/funny apron, something manly, but I can't find any. Any suggestions (aprons or anything else)? My price range is basically up to $50, and $60 or $70 with shipping. Thanks

It is very hard to pick a gift for someone we do not know. You have given us no information to go on.

I love to cook, but never do and never would wear an apron. If someone gave me one as a gift I would be gracious and thank them and put it on and then once they were gone I would take it off and never wear it again.

Sorry I can't be more help, but without knowing this person you are buying for I would just be naming random things with no reasoning.

What is your friend's cooking style? Is there a tool/pot/pan/gadget that you could get that he would appreciate?

Again, as GB said, we need more information before offering specific advice.

P.S. I agree with GB as far as the apron is concerned. I'm not sure your friend would care for/use it.

Well, to be honest, I started wearing my ex's apron just last week. Granted, it was blue and pink with a white bunny on it, and my neighbor caught me wearing it without a t-shirt under it while I was dumping the trash in the chute. Whoops. Anyhoo, I've been wearing a lot now, cuz it's really convenient.

I don't know what kind of information to give you. I can't be too specific... if I could, then I wouldn't need any help! He's turning 25, has a wife, cooks and enjoys it but doesn't do it that often (once a week? maybe twice?) and is trying to do more these days. They don't cook a lot of meat as the wifey's a vegetarian. What else? hmmmmmm.

sepandee,
Not sure where you live, Home Goods has some red apron plus two gloves All-Clad sets for $10 or $15. They look fine to me, but as ref. my apron is a Home Depot one I got at a class there so I am not exactly a fashion benchmark, if you know what I mean.

I love my silicone gloves/mits. They are great for picking up a whole chicken off the grill (or other whole hunka' meat!). I seriously don't know what I did before I got them!

They are also good for pulling things out of the oven.

I love my silicone gloves/mits. They are great for picking up a whole chicken off the grill (or other whole hunka' meat!). I seriously don't know what I did before I got them!

They are also good for pulling things out of the oven.

Every one knows that I live to grill :LOL: Any way, I got 4 sets of those red and/or black silicone glove sets w/trivets last Christmas. They actually come in handy, as I'll use them, take them off some where and when I need them again, I have to go looking for them! This way I always have a set hanging around waiting to be used :rolleyes:

ditto to the Kevlar vest :ohmy:

How about a nice pepper mill set?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom