New Wineglasses!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i ordered some new wineglasses tonite. i have several already, but these are by far my favorites. i'm going to use them for my wine-tasting course. i ordered the smaller ones.

what do you guys think?

lol... add wine glasses to the christmas list Luvs. You're really on a roll.
Paul and I keep looking at wine glasses but, the ones he likes I don't and the ones
I like he doesn't. These are pretty cool. Are they made of heavy glass?

I saw some this weekend that were fun. They were really thin glass, without a stem. It was a kind of mini fish bowl.

I am still thinking about them. Might just have to buy them.

Pam

Luvs! I am disappointed in you......

I thought sure you would have pink crystal wine glasses!

pdswife said:
lol... add wine glasses to the christmas list Luvs. You're really on a roll.
Paul and I keep looking at wine glasses but, the ones he likes I don't and the ones
I like he doesn't. These are pretty cool. Are they made of heavy glass?

lol, pds, i'm trying to get things together for my new house, that's all.
i imagine these glasses are heavier than the average wineglass; i won't know for sure until they arrive.:ermm: i'll let you know!:)

I have a lot of wineglasses and keep buying more. I bought some stemless glasses at Pottery Barn a couple of weeks ago. They are a very pale green and I have 2 sizes.We like them a lot.

i really liked a set of stemless glasses i saw at williams-sonoma, lyndalou, but my previous wine-tasting teacher had warned that you need a stem and need to hold onto that or else the wine will get warm and will not be at its best.

I really want a couple of the stemless wine glasses ... for drinking stuff like brandy. Why are glasses such fads. When I had to replace all my crystal, I looked around like crazy, but could not find "Marie Antoinette" champagne glasses (I have flutes now) or brandy snifters (what I could find were only the ones that look like tulips). Oh, I could find both in cheapo stuff with a rolled lip, but not in good crystal (yes, give me lots of lead and a really fine lip). I DO like my new crystal, but really wish I could find those old shapes.

Back
Top Bottom