Old Chef's Choice 110 Knife Sharpener

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PianoAl

Cook
I've had the electric Chef's Choice 100 knife sharpener for over fifteen years.

958795.jpg

I have the feeling it's not doing much to sharpen the knives these days (Chicago Cutlery).

Do they wear out?

How can I tell if it's doing anything?

Can I fix it in any way?

Thanks,

Al

Last edited:
I've had the electric Chef's Choice 100 knife sharpener for over fifteen years...

Do they wear out?

Can I fix it in any way?

Thanks,

Al

Yes.
Are your knives sharper after using the sharpener?
No.

I've had the electric Chef's Choice 100 knife sharpener for over fifteen years.

958795.jpg

I have the feeling it's not doing much to sharpen the knives these days (Chicago Cutlery).

Do they wear out?

Can I fix it in any way?

Thanks,

Al

I have the 3 stage 120 model. I rarely use the 1st stage, but when it's necessary, the aggressive grit brings a very dull knife into the range where the 2nd and 3rd stages will finish the job. Because it takes off a noticeable amount of material, I don't use that 1st stage unless it's really necessary.

If a knife has been resharpened too many times, it gets worn into the thicker part of the blade and probably needs replacing.

I don't think that the grinding wheels are replaceable.

They don't seem much sharper. I'm going to buy a manual sharpener.

I have had the 120 for as long as you have had yours.
I only use it once or twice a year. I use the steel rod after that.
This sharpener is not supposed to be used all the time. Only after the steel stops working as well as it should.
Does your sharpening steel work?

I have had my 2 stage Model 300 for many years..

I use it about 4 times a year (the steel keeps my knives serviceable)and it still does an outstanding job of sharpening..

Ross

That's a marketing strategy, to make people think they need something new all the time.

They're not making any radical innovative changes to their original model that I know of.

I bought two successive models as xmas gifts, each one better than the previous one, supposedly. Not really.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom