Question about Pampered Chef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PC Deep Dish Baker?

ptr_hml said:
I couldn't live without my deep dish baker

I believe that is the one I have - recently bought at a garage sale, my first ever PC piece too...

Can you tell me what you like to prepare in it?

and how do you prepare it for use? does it have to be seasoned?

Thanks

Jocelyne

I have both a veggie peeler and
a pizza cutter. I love them both.
I can't remember what I paid for them
but, it must not have been tooooo much.
I'm the cheapest person I know.

Oh.. I just remembered.. I have a pie
plate too. I hardly ever use it though
since .. I can't bake!!!

The Clay Stuff is Great...

I cook from scratch so the last thing I'd probably have use for is a Pampered Chef cookbook. Those recipes must be right out of Semi-Homemade, the nightmarish TVFN show featuring a self-professed "non-cook" Sandra Lee.

The clay-ware, however, is unbelievable. I have a large oval baker and a pizza stone. My original pizza stone (which I'm proud to say has NEVER been touched by pillsbury tube dough) cracked after many years of use. I did get a replacement on which I'll have to make plenty of pizza and bread to get that great, dark color.

A friend of mine has the garlic press and she says she's never used one of equal effectiveness. Sometimes flimsy garlic presses can bend as you squeeze them but this one has great leverage and is very stable.

I hosted a PC party many years ago and the PC rep was tickled to learn I made my own pizza dough for the occasion :).

I agree that Pampered Chef seems to be overpriced. We've carried similar things for years, both when we had a store downtown and now online, and their markup is pretty hefty. I've never been invited to one of their parties. Since someone mentioned it, tho, I do have a ton of Longaberger! --much of which I'm thinking of selling at a big discount. Probably about 50 baskets still in their boxes/wrappers. I haven't gotten around to cataloging all of it and putting it on eBay or somewhere, but if someone's looking for a particular piece, I can check to see if I have it...

While we're on the subject of carrying stuff, we're thinking of bringing in a line called "Doughmakers", which is aluminum bakeware with a pebbled finish. It's supposed to be extremely popular. Anyone use it / like it? :ermm:

Last edited:
I have a few PC products and probably wouldn't get any more, just because I think I can find better quality stuff for cheaper if I shop discount store or second hand.

I have this little gun thing that you can use for piping frosting or deviled eggs. One of the main pieces broke after 2 uses! I could have called the rep to get a replacement piece but found it was never convienient to do so. I also bought a container thing to store my spatulas, wooden spoons, etc. Ended up not liking it, now it's w/ the Goodwill.

I've heard that the clay products are great, I've never them though and can't afford them.

htc said:
I have a few PC products and probably wouldn't get any more, just because I think I can find better quality stuff for cheaper if I shop discount store or second hand.

I have this little gun thing that you can use for piping frosting or deviled eggs. One of the main pieces broke after 2 uses! I could have called the rep to get a replacement piece but found it was never convienient to do so. I also bought a container thing to store my spatulas, wooden spoons, etc. Ended up not liking it, now it's w/ the Goodwill.

I've heard that the clay products are great, I've never them though and can't afford them.

Is the utensil container one of those that revolves?

If so, I use something similar in my Kitchen.

Choc, I think so, it also has little compartments. I thought the compartments would be nice, but when I got it home, it ended up not being able to store as much as I thought it would. Now I have a plain metal canister looking storage thing for my spatulas, etc. I think this one can hold more.

htc said:
Choc, I think so, it also has little compartments. I thought the compartments would be nice, but when I got it home, it ended up not being able to store as much as I thought it would. Now I have a plain metal canister looking storage thing for my spatulas, etc. I think this one can hold more.

My utensil holders are much larger than the pampered chef ones, but they work on the same principal.

I do have a smaller one, that I use on my desk for pencils, pens, scissors, etc.

I have another one, I will place in the crafts room for scissors, seam rippers, etc.

You might use your small holder for the same things. Just an idea.

I have some of the flat stones and I like them. When I bought them they weren't available as widely as they are now. I have some other stonewear which I don't use. I love the pizza cutter. It's great for cutting dough when making noodles. I also love the gadget that pops the vacuum on jars so they are easier to open. It also can be used to open things like soda bottles. It enables my 79 year old mother with a bad case of arthritis to open those things herself.

MUDBUG!!!!!! i love the wet/dry measuring cup. I use it daily. My mom got it for me. Personaly i think they are too expensive. I'm a cheapo. But, I do love that measuring cup. I have tried some of there spices that are really good too.

One time I went to borrow some flour from my neighbor friend and she said get that thing out of here. She didn't know how to use it lol. It's my fav. thing in the world

I have one of their 'whack on the top' choppers for which I paid $30, like an idiot. What a rip off. They are so overpriced. I now see them for less than $10 and they are not that good. What you chop, sticks to those six blades and needs to be scraped off. I like my chef's knife much better. I would not buy any of their stuff again, they are horribly overpriced, IMHO.

I don't understand why anyone would buy from Pampered Chef! For example, many of you mentionned that you liked the stoneware. Did you know that it used to be made in Illinois by a company called Sassafrass that sells to the public? Back then all the pizza stones had the word "superstone" stamped on the bottom.

Pampered Chef moved their production to China so that they could make more profits. Their costs went down but their retail prices went up.

Sassafrass sells their 15" Round Pizza Stone with a rack for only $15. Pampered Chef sells theirs for $25.50 + 4.75 extra for a rack.

Sassafrass sells their rectangle Pizza Stone with a rack for $17. Pampered Chef sells theirs for $25.25 + 3.75 extra for the rack.

Pie Plate: $18 Sassafrass $29.75 Pampered Chef
Baker for Chicken: $50 Sassafrass with Lid
$32(Baker) + $38.50(Lid) Pampered Chef

Check out the prices here:
http://www.sassafrasenterprises.com/

I don't work for Sassafrass!! I am just using this as an example. Everthing that PC sells can be found cheaper elsewhere. And in this case, you can actually buy the higher quality, American-made, original version cheaper than the PC knockoff from China.

The next time you are at a Pampered Chef party ask if they still sell the "Superstone" brand. Any consultant who has been with PC for a while will remember that name.

Just my opinions, but I do hope that you will save yourself some money. :chef:

I don't understand why anyone would buy from Pampered Chef!

Whaddayamean? You know you have to pay extra for that slice of pre-fab pillsbury tube dough RING they all make at those parties...:ROFLMAO:

But seriously - I bought my stone stuff before it was widely available and stayed away from the gimmicky stuff I knew was overpriced. After my pizza stone cracked (it was old), I bought a new one at Williams Sonoma. It gave DH and me a good excuse to browse the store (DH is a corporate chef).

I think Pampered Chef became the rage before a lot of really good cooking gear was available to all.

Part of the fun of Pampered Chef though was getting together with the girls, eating, drinking, canoodle-ing and having a good time. The stuff we bought was just an excuse to get together.

I have a couple things, of course. But it's not the first place I'd look to when purchasing cookware or gadgets.

;)
Z

BettyCat said:
I don't understand why anyone would buy from Pampered Chef! For example, many of you mentionned that you liked the stoneware. Did you know that it used to be made in Illinois by a company called Sassafrass that sells to the public? Back then all the pizza stones had the word "superstone" stamped on the bottom.
. Their costs went down but their retail prices went up.

Sassafrass sells their 15" Round Pizza Stone with a rack for only $15. Pampered Chef sells theirs for $25.50 + 4.75 extra for a rack.

Sassafrass sells their rectangle Pizza Stone with a rack for $17. Pampered Chef sells theirs for $25.25 + 3.75 extra for the rack.

:chef:

I purchased a 17" pizza stone, including the wooden paddle from Bed, Bath and Beyond for $9.99 less a 20% discound card.

pampered chef

I have all the gadgets and the micro cookers and only one stone left. The stones are good because the bottom of your food won't burn. Whatever the top looks like, the bottome is the same. Very expensive name. you can get the off stuff now at walmart.

Pampered Chef

I'm a new member, and must be in the minority. I love the pampered chef products. Although they are higher in price, I find their warranty to be superb, their quality to be much better than others' products, and the product features unique. I'm not a huge stone fan, but I had a cheaper pizza stone and a PC one, and the PC one is MUCH thicker! I finally gave my cheap one away and use my PC one all the time! Also, if you don't want to go to their party, don't go--you can still order if you want to w/o having to sit through the party. I've ordered for close to 20 years, and have gone to maybe 2-3 parties at most. My last comment is if you like their stuff and don't want to pay full price, host a catalog party and get it at a discount. All you have to do is hand out catalogs to friends and collect orders, and you still get host benefits without having to host a party in your home.

Back
Top Bottom