Question abuot commercial rice cooker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Winter

Assistant Cook
Does anyone know how to choose a 25-cup commercial rice cooker? My uncle’s small restaurant needs one, but there are many kinds of commercial rice cookers out there. How do we choose? :cry:

Winter,

I don't know anything about rice cookers (hopefully someone here will be able to help you), but I would suggest talking to the owners of other restaurants that might have one. If I find out anything, I'll post it.

:) Barbara

Well... I've got an 8-cup Panasonic I absolutely recommend... I've got no idea about the commercial ones, but I can't imagine you could go wrong with the Panasonic or Zojirushi brands.

thank you LMJ and Barbara L.
I found Panasonic or Zojirushi have big rice cooker, but the designs are differences. Since the price is high, I don't know how to choose :oops: .

If the price difference between the Zojirushi and Panasonic is not much, I would go with the Zojirushi. I've never seen a bad consumer review for either brand.

As for features, both simple glass-lidded designs and more complex locking lid designs can work equally well. All of the Panasonic and Zojirushi commercial designs have non-stick cooking pots and keep-warm functions. Most importantly, they'll make a perfect pot of rice consistently, once you get the water/rice proportion right, which is what you really want of any rice cooker.

Panasonic's cookers carry a 6-month warranty, and Zojirushi's have a 12-month warranty. I can personally say I've abused my Panasonic for 10 months, and it still works great.

Back
Top Bottom