"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories

Old 10-03-2008, 04:34 PM   #51
Sous Chef

i got a Halloween costume for my son the other day, and a really nerdy bike helmet for DH. Gotta make sure he's safe riding home from work! Oh, and DH found an unused computer joystick and I found an antique clock to put in my sitting room.

B'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:34 PM   #52
Assistant Cook

I guess copper cookware is just too expensive for me, but I never thought of getting a second hand one, is it healthy or safe to get a second hand cookware?

Anyway, I will be interested to get a good cheap second hand vitamix blender if it is available.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:00 PM   #53
Head Chef

I use secondhand cookware and appliances all the time. Just clean and disinfect it before use.

I just bought a March 1947 era Hobart N-50 - KA model G body style mixer on Ebay for $99 plus shipping.

It should be much more powerful than the new KA mixers since it was made for commercial use!
Old 10-21-2008, 10:57 PM   #54
Executive Chef

I just bought a Christmas dress for my DD on ebay for $1.04 !! Worn once for a photo shoot!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6f88_1[1].jpg
Views:	117
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	5797  

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:04 PM   #55
Master Chef

I just love, love, love bargains.................in my kitchen food and dishes- wise I rarely buy at full price...........that's why I have outbursts in my local KZ grocery stores......I'll be pickled and stewed (well that's not really what I say---but that's far nicer)if I'll buy a plastic spray bottle for 8 dollars ???? I literally explode with indignation at some of the prices...........how do the locals live????????the local stuff isn't too bad........but anything imported forget it or anything plastic or furniture or accessories......clothes are not cheap..........and certainly not toys...........
Old 10-21-2008, 11:07 PM   #56
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelady View Post
I just bought a Christmas dress for my DD on ebay for $1.04 !! Worn once for a photo shoot!
hey, great bargain DL.........I always have loved black and red together.....it's very pretty.....what a nice dress for a Christmas photo.....and she can wear it thru out the holidays...........
Old 10-22-2008, 06:58 PM   #57
Head Chef

I was on the road quite a bit today, and happened by three thrift store that are among my favorite haunts. Nothing interesting to me today, but I counted 10 bread machines between the three stores. All between $10-$15, with some of them looking like they've only been used once or twice. Great bargains if you're looking for a bread machine in Lake County Ohio.

JoeV
Old 10-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #58
Certified Cake Maniac

My best friend offered me her moulinex food processor before she sent it to one of the charities that picks up stuff. I said yes, because mine doesn't have a grater blade any more. So now mine is going to the same charity organization! It works other than the grater which I really need for my carrot cakes. The Moulinex is in great shape!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:38 PM   #59
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Not related to the kitchen or cooking, but a bargain just the same. At my local Goodwill store I bought a pair of linen Alfred Dunner slacks and a pair of linen-blend Sag Harbor slacks. One pair still had the original store tags on them. Paid $6 for both. That's only $1.50 per leg. Good for me because I have long legs.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:44 AM   #60
Cook

I just picked up an OXO manoline food slicer at Goodwill yesterday for $3.99. It was new in the box with the blue tape still on the blade. It's not the V-type slicer but still it sells for over $60 on Amazon! I just love a great bargain!!