Silpats - are they worth the money?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've heard they are but I have yet to make the financial commitment to buy one myself! Also, because I do not do a lot of baking, although I'm sure it would be useful for other things. If you bake a lot of things on sheet pans I'm sure it would be worth it.

Yes they're worth it. They're also not that expensive - even some grocery stores are now carrying silplats.

Definitely!!!

I bought one last year, and I use mine all the time. I bake alot of cookies and they make turn out better (in my opinion) but they are also good for anything that would require a parchment lined sheet or greased sheet. They just slide right off. I am going to get another one .

:) I bought one, baked cookies and liked it so much that I went out and bought two more. :)

I have an Exopat mat, same as Silpat. It's great and I never bake cookies without it. I would also like to get some silicone muffin and cake molds too.
Lou

silplat

I have two and they are great, for everything, cookies, and bread.

My mom found me two in some magazine. They were like $11.00 for both of them and they work great.
Check out the Betty Crocker catalog they have them in there too. I have some points if you need them. Just let me know. For a SASE you can have them. :P

I had a silpat once. But it got out of its cage and I havent seen it since.
10.gif
I found it once, when I was hunting Snipe. :roll:

I know you've seen them Alix - they are those rubbery sheets that you lay on cookie sheets so the cookies don't stick. Martha Stewart was one of the first I saw use them. They're normally a beige/tan color and some have a border a different color. Did that help?

That does help Kitchenelf...thank you. I have never seen them to buy around here though. I guess if I want to try them out I will have to find them online. :(

Thanks for the information Kitchenelf, and thanks for asking about it Alix--I had never heard of them.

:) Barbara

We bought them and used them for a while; now we just pull off a piece of parchment paper like before we had them. It seemswe never think of them.

Back
Top Bottom