Spotting on All-Clad stainless steel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tommyyate

Assistant Cook
I just bought an all-clad stainless steel fry pan. I noticed that after I used it a few times and cleaned the pan (with warm water and soap and nylon dish pad, the stainless steel interior has some light blue and blue swirl marks. It's a bit hard to describe but it doesn't have the nice stainless steel appearance before it was used.

Is this normal?

It's just a discoloration on the SS. I experience this discoloration sometimes when I cook a starchy food in a SS pan.

It will come off easily with a light cleaning with Barkeeper's Friend. IF you don't already have BKF, get some. It's the best thing for cleaning off the crud that soap and water can't handle. It's low in abrasiveness so it won't mark the finish on your pans.

I've only ever used the powder. I use one of those blue scrubber sponges that are safe for all surfaces and a little powder. Works great.

The powdered BKF works very well, as does Bon Ami, and neither will scratch your stainless.

Does BKF come in a liquid or gel form?

Barkeeper's friend also keeps a ceraminc cook top looking like new. But it will not renew a top a;ready scratched from scouring pads.

Back
Top Bottom