Stainless Steel/Nickel Composite.... Did I Make a Mistake?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jones

Assistant Cook
I'm new here and hoping someone can help me understand what I've just bought.

I was in need of some new pots and pans, and although I wanted good ones, I can't afford the really good ones. At JCPenney, I found a pretty 8 piece set of stainless with copper bottoms on sale for $119 (reg. $199), so I bought them, plus a matching large covered skillet for $40 (reg $99).

When I got them home and upacked, I discovered that they are actually a stainless steel/nickel composite. Is this common? Have I messed up, do they need to go back? I'm concerned about things like warping and pitting, especially as the care instructions warn that I should take care to avoid doing things to cause that.

help? Thanks!

jones;
I "googled" stainless steel and nickel and found a lot of info. Most of it was way too technical for this button I have for a head, but the upshot is; it appears that you done good! All stainless has nickel and chromium in it and now it appears that a higher nickel content increases the corrosion resistance preventing "pitting". See what you learn just 'cause you like to cook?

BubbaGourmet said:
jones;
I "googled" stainless steel and nickel and found a lot of info. Most of it was way too technical for this button I have for a head.....

You are not a button-head, Bubba! I "googled" it too, but must have used the wrong combination of words, because I found little info. So, thanks much for your help. The thought of having to give them up before I even used them was unhappy.

Back
Top Bottom