Storage Containers for Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cas have you tried Tupperware or Pampered Chef?

Thanks but...Tupperware had like two (one too large for $49!), Pampered Chef had none. If either had ones I wanted they would have shown up in my Google search for a cake keeper. I also wanted a cake keeper, not a container I could use as one. I'm happy to have come across the one I pictured, perfectly sized. No brand name, made in China. Ordered it.

P.S. I didn't mean to hijack this thread about bread keepers.

Last edited:
I don't know about other people, but I hate being told to Google something when I ask for a recommendation, especially when I ask for "... one that they use ...".

Thank you.

I also don't appreciate being reprimanded for responding to someone else's rude response to me. My sarcasm was not more insulting than their comment that I should try Googling it.

You didn’t mention if you’d be using the storage containers to freeze or refrigerate your bread. There are several linen bread bags on Amazon that are reasonably priced and come in a variety os sizes and shapes. But I probably wouldn’t use them for freezing.

No freezing; I don't care for the texture of bread that has been frozen. I just need something to keep it from going stale for a few days while we eat it.

I think the question asked is reasonable and have over the years I've tried a bunch of things. The best I've found is something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Large-Red-Bread-Box-Kitchen/dp/B01D2CB9J8 They come in a variety of sizes.

Bread needs to breath a little and so plastic boxes can actually accelerate spoilage.

Do you want your bread storage on the counter? Does it need to look great?

No, I don't care how it looks, just how it functions. Your point about the bread needing to breathe a little is a good one. But I always worry about too much air, because I don't want it getting stale. I've never tried a bread box, because I worried about it allowing in too much air. How long can a loaf stay in a box without getting stale?

Last edited:
I seal my bread up fairly air tight and store it in the fridge. It lasts quite a while without getting dry that way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom