Tin foil - shiny side in or out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, I think Cook's Illustrated determined it didn't make any difference which side was on the outside of a dish/pan/container. I've not seen any appreciable difference between one or the other when I cook.

The one thing I am SURE of is to use the correct side when I'm using Reynolds Release foil.

Ummm.....I think we went over this recently.

The difference in finishes is because the foil is made with two sheets overlapping each other.

In other words: "It desn't make a hill 'a beans."

I am with Uncle Bob. Also, when I am having a bad day and put on my tin foil hat I find it works much better with the shiny side out.

auntdot said:
I am with Uncle Bob. Also, when I am having a bad day and put on my tin foil hat I find it works much better with the shiny side out.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: OMG, you are the funniest woman. (You are a woman, right?) Anyway, I thought I was the only one who knew the secret of the foil wrapped pyramid hat.

Andy M. said:
OOOOPS! Now you've done it.
Oh man, I just saw this post. I swear, I was only joking with the woman comment. I mean, I thought it was safe since it was Aunt Dot and all my aunts are women but so many of the other user names are gender ambiguous and.... I hope I'm not digging myself in deeper if Aunt Dot isn't a woman. Aunt Dot, please forgive me whichever way I may have screwed up.
Your fellow follower of the foil hat,
Terry

Andy M. said:
So, you 'borrowed' the baby in the foto from the lady in the next bed??
:LOL: You got me - that's my boy and my bed and me! I always think it's funny when I look at people's avatars and usernames and posts and get a mental picture of them, only to find out later how way off I was, even their gender! BTW Jeekins, I was named after a male relative so my name is spelled with a y instead of an i so it's reasonable to assume I could be a guy. I get a lot of junk mail addressed to Mr. because of it.

Back
Top Bottom