Tips: Polish your stainless steel with Evoo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kayelle

I would also use WD40. Here are some other uses for it Sag. I'm sure it's sold all over the world. Interesting that it's primarily made of fish oil.

Ken East (one of the original founders) says there is nothing in WD-40 that would hurt you.
When you read the “shower door” part, try it. It’s the first thing that has ever cleaned that spotty shower door. If yours is plastic, it works just as well as glass. It is a miracle!
1. Then try it on your stovetop.. Voila! It’s now shinier than it is ever been. You will be amazed.
2. Here are some of the uses:
3. Protects silver from tarnishing.
4. Removes road tar and grime from cars.
5. Cleans and lubricates guitar strings.
6. Gives floors that ‘just-waxed’ sheen without making it slippery.
7. Keeps flies off cows.
8. Restores and cleans chalkboards.
9. Removes lipstick stains.
10. Loosens stubborn zippers.
11. Untangles jewelry chains.
12. Removes stains from stainless steel sinks. Cleans the fronts of Stainless steel appliances (have personally seen the employees of Lowes use it on their appliances in the store to keep them new looking)
13. Removes dirt and grime from the barbecue grill.
14. Keeps ceramic/terra cotta garden pots from oxidizing.
15. Removes tomato stains from clothing
16. Keeps glass shower doors free of water spots.
17. Camouflages scratches in ceramic and marble floors.
18. Keeps scissors working smoothly.
19. Lubricates noisy door hinges on vehicles and doors in homes.
20. Gives a children’s play gym slide a shine for a super fast slide.
21. Lubricates gear shift and mower deck lever for ease of handling on riding mowers.
22. Rids kid’s rocking chairs and swings of squeaky noises.
23. Lubricates tracks in sticking home windows and makes them easier to open.
24. Spraying an umbrella stem makes it easier to open and close.
25. Restores and cleans padded leather dashboards in vehicles, as well as vinyl bumpers.
26. Restores and cleans roof racks on vehicles.
27. Lubricates and stops squeaks in electric fans.
28. Lubricates wheel sprockets on tricycles, wagons, and bicycles for easy handling.
29. Lubricates fan belts on washers and dryers and keeps them running smoothly.
30. Keeps rust from forming on saws and saw blades, and other tools.
31. Removes splattered grease on stove.
32. Keeps bathroom mirror from fogging.
33. Lubricates prosthetic limbs.
34. Keeps pigeons off the balcony (they hate the smell).
35. Removes all traces of duct tape.
36. Folks even spray it on their arms, hands, and knees to relieve Arthritis pain.
37. Florida’s favorite use is: “cleans and removes love bugs from grills and bumpers.”
38. The favorite use in the state of New York — WD-40 protects the Statue of
Liberty from the elements.
39. WD-40 attracts fish. Spray a LITTLE on live bait or lures and you will be catching the big one in no time. Also, it is a lot cheaper than the chemical attractants that are made for just that purpose. Keep in mind though, using Some chemical laced baits or lures for fishing are not allowed in some states.
40. Use it for fire ant bites. It takes the sting away immediately and stops the itch.
41. WD-40 is great for removing crayon from walls. Spray on the mark and wipe with a clean rag.
42. Also, if you’ve discovered that your teenage daughter has washed and dried a tube of lipstick with a load of laundry, saturate the lipstick spots with WD-40 and re-wash. Presto! Lipstick is gone!
43. If you sprayed WD-40 on the distributor cap, it would displace the moisture and allow the car to start.
44. It removes black scuff marks from the kitchen floor! Use WD-40 for those nasty tar and scuff marks on flooring. It doesn’t seem to harm the finish and you won’t have to scrub nearly as hard to get them off. Just remember to open some windows if you have a lot of marks.
45. Bug guts will eat away the finish on your car if not removed quickly! Use WD-40!
P. S. The basic ingredient is FISH OIL.

Kayelle & All,

Thank you all very much. Quite an amazing list !!!!

Just the name did not " click " for a minute .. Yes, I am familiar with it .. Shall go get some ..

Last edited:
...If you really feel the need to polish appliances...
you have less excitement in your life than I do. :D

I keep my appliances clean. No sticky finger prints, no globs of dust. Enough to make a health inspector happy, but a decorator might run for the door. :LOL:

I'm in the camp for using EVOO for consumption purposes. I eat salads, not lick my fridge.

I had been advised by a dear executive Pastry Chef friend to polish my stainless Steel Antique Credenza with Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

I was quite surprised when he had told me this. However, I went ahead to do so ..

Then wiped it with paper towelling and buffed it with a Micro Fiber cloth.

It has had amazing results.

So, throw away your comercial polishes ..

Does has anyone else tried this with their stainless steel cutlery or other ítems made of this metal ?

Have a nice day ..
Girona. Looked at some pictures; what a place!

Thanks for the tip. Not that I have large SS apliances to be concerned with.

Really only replied because my adopted home town has hosted a couple of boys from a neighboring town in your neck of the woods. Pao and Marc Gasol are well loved here.

WD-40, ick. Years of using gallons jugs of it in the military made me swear off the stuff forever. The smell makes me wanna toss my lunch.

I wouldn't use it on anything I like. It eats rubber seals and attracts dirt.

you have less excitement in your life than I do. :D

I keep my appliances clean. No sticky finger prints, no globs of dust. Enough to make a health inspector happy, but a decorator might run for the door. :LOL:

I'm in the camp for using EVOO for consumption purposes. I eat salads, not lick my fridge.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Thank you for the laugh. I needed it right now. I just can't stop laughing.

Last edited:
Msmofet

I had a heck of a time getting my new stainless steel fridge to look nice. My cats seem to love it!! One stands up puts her feet on the freezer draw and looks inside the fridge when it's open. Another loves to sit on top. Reminds me of Snoopy doing his vulture impersonation.

View attachment 27309

LOTS of feet prints. Nothing got it nice and clean. UNTIL I used white vinegar and water in a spray bottle to clean then wiped down with canola oil wipe all excess oil off. Looks beautiful no prints no streaks.

MsMofet,

Another good solution !

Thank you and have a lovely weekend.

Skilletickler

Girona. Looked at some pictures; what a place!

Thanks for the tip. Not that I have large SS apliances to be concerned with.

Really only replied because my adopted home town has hosted a couple of boys from a neighboring town in your neck of the woods. Pao and Marc Gasol are well loved here.

Gerona, is a large region and I am actually from the Empordà Alta or northern Costa Brava, near the French border, Cadaquès ..

One of our warenhouses are in the Gerona City vicinity, and we had lived for several years in the Gerona Capital, before relocating to Barcelona City for our Jobs ..

The Evoo did a miraculous job .. However, I will try the Spray recommended ..

Have a lovely weekend ..

jennyema

20JY59_SS01_R01_C01

Thank you. My husband went to get the spray yesterday ..

Have a nice weekend ..

Back
Top Bottom