"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories

Old 11-03-2006, 07:31 PM   #61
Senior Cook

The white KitchenAid 5 quart Artisan mixer is on sale at Amazon today (Nov. 3, 2006) as a Friday special for $180--down from the usual price of $350. Just in case anyone cares...

Old 11-03-2006, 08:03 PM   #62
Senior Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to FraidKnot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harborwitch
What I'd really like is a house with a real kitchen where I can have all my toys again. I just don't have room for anymore toys on the boat, and what's worse is there's no room to use them!
My apartment kitchen is dismally small with very little room to store anything. Counter space is at a premium. So I'm with you on this one; a bigger kitchen! Then maybe I could get a KA stand mixer.

Fraidy

Old 11-03-2006, 10:16 PM   #63
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
does qualified waitstaff count?
Old 11-04-2006, 10:07 AM   #64
Senior Cook

I'm with you, Tatt!

I'd like a nice kitchen remodel, because our 1960's era kitchen was not very efficiently designed. DH put in a dishwasher and disposal, at least,
Old 11-04-2006, 12:51 PM   #65
Executive Chef

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraidKnot
My apartment kitchen is dismally small with very little room to store anything. Counter space is at a premium. So I'm with you on this one; a bigger kitchen! Then maybe I could get a KA stand mixer.

Fraidy

I've had apartment kitchens big and small, and still kept my K'Aid K45SS Stand Mixer. It was not leaving me at all!! I've kept it through thick and thin.

I got a nice size eat-in kitchen, but no counter space.

But I got a large wooden table in the corner across from the fridge and I use the tops of the portable dishwasher and the deep freezer for more workspace.

I own TWO K'Aid Stand Mixers now, but they are kept on a rack in the back room when not in use. The large heavy K'Aid Pearl Metallic Food Processor and the Electrolux Assistant Stand Mixer sit on the dishwasher as far back as possible without falling off, leaving me enough room for use of the cutting board. Those two machines weigh a ton!!

Two racks on the right just before the back room entrance, has an assortment of bowl sets, a large microwave, all spices, ice machine, rotisserie and the glass lids are kept on the bottom shelves.

Just before that, there's a rack on the left that stores and hangs all the Emerilware SS pots & pans, dishes and large baking / roasting pans.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:08 PM   #66
Assistant Cook

Oops sorry for starting a similar thread :)

Aside from the stuff I already posted in the other one. I would LOVE a double deck convection oven, please, ty.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:47 AM   #67
Senior Cook

dishwasher, human
Old 12-11-2006, 08:52 AM   #68
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisuresKitchen
Oops sorry for starting a similar thread :)

Aside from the stuff I already posted in the other one. I would LOVE a double deck convection oven, please, ty.

I'd LOVE to have that as well!!

Only two things are stopping me; No room and two expensive!!!
Old 12-11-2006, 09:06 AM   #69
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to college_cook
I'd like to have a kitchenaid, a nice one. With the pasta attachment. I currently have only my right hand mixer; my right hand equipped with spatula, spoon, or whisk.

And as long as I'm wishing for things I won't get this holiday, I'd like to be done with school and have the ability to build or purchase a home, just a small one, and make my dream kitchen. A gas stove, would be such a blessing. 8 burners at 15,000 BTU, double ovens, new fridge and freezer, and some deep SS sinks.

As for things I'd like that I could possibly recieve, I think it would be a nice cutting board. I don't really have a heavy duty one... all my plastic ones are warped. I'd like to get one of those thick rounds of a tree trunk that they turn into boards. That'd be about perfect for me.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:22 PM   #70
Executive Chef

I think I got everything now.