What's next on your wishlist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Half Baked said:
What I would like?

That would be... harsher punishment for parole violators, Stan... And world peace! :LOL:
Miss Congeniality

HB is considering a stove top Cameron Smoker. :)

I vote for the Cameron's smoker. We've had one for quite a few years and love it. Actually, we have both the standard size and the "Little Smokey." They both have their place. As a matter of fact, I'm going to smoke a 7-pound Boston butt tomorrow to make barbecue for dinner Super Bowl Sunday. Yum, double yum!

mudbug said:
um, that would probably not be good in my case.

:LOL: Miss Mudbug..

According to my intelligence reports that would not be the case!!!:)
Sometimes folks only have to hear the "crack" of the whip to be reminded what is what!:LOL:

Well I still haven't gotten that juicer I've been keeping my eye out for but it'll come along. Same goes for that big cutting board but I've changed my mind on that anyway because i don't really want to take up that much counter space with it. Besides I bought this gorgeous handmade one that was made locally and I love it.

I'd still love to get a few of the Calphalon Pans. I'd had it one my Christmas wish list but removed it as I'd decided on something else......very common for me to change my list constantly.....drives DH crazy :LOL: .

So besides the pans I'd like to get some new bakeware as I've really started to get into that as of late. Oh and a ramikin/blow torch combination from Bed Bath & Beyond.

I'd wanted a hand pasta machine but lo and behold I was over at my SIL house the other day and out of the blue she asked if I wanted one that her sister had given her. Needless to say I was thrilled.

And someday down the road once we get the upstairs remodeled and move the bedrooms up there I can convert the little bedroom off from the kitchen into the ultimate pantry.......that excites me to no end.

STORAGE SPACE - which I might actually be getting soon!

- see above thread "Small Kitchen"

After making a dozen hamburger buns for Super Bowl Sunday, I've put a hotdog bun pan on my list. I have both large and small hamburger bun pans, but no hotdog bun pan. There's nothing to compare to homemade burger buns.

I desparately need a new kitchen as well, MicheleMarie. Mine is about 35 years old and totally dysfunctional. However I'm afraid that I am stuck with the beast for awhile longer - although a new stove is definately in order this year! I remain hopeful that this is my year to acquire a Le Creuset Dutch oven. Never had one but have been coveting them for years now!

PytnPlace said:
I remain hopeful that this is my year to acquire a Le Creuset Dutch oven. Never had one but have been coveting them for years now!
You'll love the Le Creuset Dutch oven. I bought one and then just HAD to have another, smaller, one. They are never put away I use them so much.

PytnPlace:

Have you tried Home Goods or TJ Maxx? Sometimes they have LeCruiset dutch oven for incredible prices. I also picked two up for 1/2 price at one of the semi-annual William Sonoma sales. They were just sitting there on the "bargain table" begging me to take them home :rolleyes:

Katie E said:
After making a dozen hamburger buns for Super Bowl Sunday, I've put a hotdog bun pan on my list. I have both large and small hamburger bun pans, but no hotdog bun pan. There's nothing to compare to homemade burger buns.

What's a hotdog/hamburger pan? I've never seen one. It has crossed my mind that homemade buns would be delish. I'm not big on baking tho. Just not my favorite thing to mess with flour for some reason. I don't have a big sweet tooth, although I love homemade bread!

And yes, Avalondeb I have seen Le Creuset at HomeGoods/TJMaxx. Unfortunately they have not been the right size or they are a color that just won't work for me. Not that I'm too picky about colors but I would like it to fit in with the colors I have going on already. I did pick up a couple LeCreuset baking dishes at those stores and they are great. Easy to clean etc. I'll just have to check out those stores more frequently!!

PytnPlace said:
What's a hotdog/hamburger pan? I've never seen one. It has crossed my mind that homemade buns would be delish. I'm not big on baking tho. Just not my favorite thing to mess with flour for some reason. I don't have a big sweet tooth, although I love homemade bread!
I have the pan that makes the large buns and at Christmas received the one to make smaller buns. Here's a link to where I get them: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/detail.jsp?select=C74&byCategory=C86&id=5185.

I use my bread machine to knead and do the first rise of the dough, then shape the dough and put into the pan for the final rise and baking. Just too easy and yummy beyond belief.

Don't mean to go off topic but.......,

I'll NEVER buy anything else from TJMaxx ever again!! Stay away from there!
That also goes for Bob's Stores, Marshall's and Home Goods as well, which the co. TJX also owns.

My debit card got canceled by my bank because of the snafu that occured in their corporate office when hackers got into their computer system and stole personal info on peoples' credit / debit cards.

A class-action lawsuit has been filed against them for this. Too many people, myself included, are being seriously inconvenienced by this!!

Last edited:
Katie,
I'm primarily blaming you for the new additions on my "must have wish list"!

Hey Corey123, sorry about your debit card nightmare. Same thing happened to me with my CC. It WAS a nightmare!!

But.... it's like an addiction for me, I HAVE to shop there!! I have had other CCs cancelled for the same reason, hackers breaking into databases.

I do understand how upset you are. I still haven't fixed/straightened out all the mess because of their neglect of security!

Yeah, and the part that seems so **** unfair to me is that when you you have a debit or credit card, you're practically treated like a king.

But if you try using a personal check, especially at a supermarket, you're treated like crap!! They now refuse to let you get any cash back with it, and I suspect that's because of TJX's scandel!!

One recommendation on the Kitchen Aid mixer:
If you are going to use in an area under a cabinet, get a Professional model instead the one in the picture (I think is called Artisan).
The Professional type has a mixing bowl that goes vertically up and down and a fixed mixing head. The Artisan type has a pivoting head that requires more space.

Back
Top Bottom