What's next on your wishlist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baking fool

Senior Cook
i think i'm finally going to get a serious little mixer because i think everyone would cook more if we had one. it would make things so much easier. i know i'd make bread practically every day & work through every recipe (except ones w/mushrooms) my baking books cover-to-cover if i had one. i'm spoiled at work where i use a mixer that can handle ~50kg of dough. :-p when we move to a bigger location soon we'll have a 160kg diosna mixer also. it's practially a bathtub for mixing dough in. anyway i was thinking of this bare-bones kitchenaid which would be plenty imo:
B00004SGFW.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

books on my list include all the rest of peter reinhart's bread books and.... not sure what else :-p

I think I've got enough gear - what I would like is a nice butler's pantry to put the entertaining dinnerware/glassware stuff and a food pantry so I could become even more of a pack rat on non-perishables and not have to go down to the basement to fetch something.

Yes, this Kitchenaid Mixer is high up on our wishlist, too...
We also need a bigger, better fridge, vacuum sealer, a good dishwasher that actually washes off all the stickies and greasies, and a serious pizza oven would be nice, too...:chef:

Better organization in my kitchen and pantry. I have enough room, but have too much stuff!

pdswife said:
A trip to Mexico!
:) I'm with YOU!!!!I'd settle for anything in the caribbean!!!!:)
But since Williams-Sonoma is closer how about a mango peeler/pitter???

A new kitchen! I wish for new cabinets (more drawers less, countertops, a backsplash, revising the current desk into counterspace with drawers, new appliances including a double oven, built-in cook top -- :LOL: :ROFLMAO: -- it really isn't funny - I really wish this! We have had people out to the house and everything is do-able except the double oven, the layout would have to be changed which doesn't seem like that big of a deal - buuuut, we have flooring issues and to change the floor would mean to change the whole first floor of the house! I may live with the cabinets (change the hardware), replace countertops, backspash, take down paper and paint and maybe get a built-in cook top with a built in single oven and replace sink. We are thinking about next year - we will see .... in the meantime, we are replacing the deck with trex, so that will keep me happy for now:) .

urmaniac13 said:

Yes, this Kitchenaid Mixer is high up on our wishlist, too...
We also need a bigger, better fridge, vacuum sealer, a good dishwasher that actually washes off all the stickies and greasies, and a serious pizza oven would be nice, too...:chef:

I don't think I'll get anything else for the kitchen.:ermm:

I have all those things mentioned except for the pizza oven. But I DO have the Flavor Wave convection oven. And I DO also have this K'Aid Stand Mixer! Had it for almost twenty years, and it STILL works like new!!:chef:

~Corey123.

Last edited:
The one thing on my current wish list is to have enough time to cook all the stuff I want to make. Working full time relegates most of my "serious" cooking to the weekends, and this time of year, even the weekends tend to be too busy.

The good news is that I get to retire in 7 months, and then I will have the time to make lots of good things...:chef:

Well, I did find something else I'd like to have, and that is maybe a few of those non-stick pads in half sheet pan sizes, you know, the ones that let you bake things on them like cookies and stuff.

They let you bake cookies, bicuits and dinner rolls on them without any fear of them getting stuck at all, eliminating having to spray or grease the pan.

And a kitchen scale for weighing things.

~Corey123.

Last edited:
I'm wishing for my floors to be refinished and my walls to be stripped of the old wall paper and part of them tiled (above the counters) and the other part either painted or re-wallpapered. My house is 150+ years old, and I'm neither handy nor wealthy. One thing wonderful is everyone loves my kitchen anyway. A floor with polyeuretane, though, would be easier to wash, as would tile on some of the walls. I also think my ceiling fanb is breathing its last, so it may need to be replaced.

I'm still waiting for my mixer. I have to settle for my hand mixer and food processor for making doughs. They work just fine.

I've ordered a set of 3 cooling racks which stack on top of each other, a couple of those nonstick silicone baking mats to fit my half-size sheet pans and a pouring shield for my K'Aid K5SS Stand Mixer from Cooking.com.

While at Bed Bath & Beyond, I forgot to ask about a small torch that lets you brown the tops of little flans, Creme Brulet, meringues and Baked Alaska. Gotta go back to find out if they have them!

~Corey123.

Last edited:
A larger cutting board. I just finished watching Food 911 and I really like the one that was on the show today.

Also, I would like to find a juicer. I keep holding out and hoping I find one at a rummage sale. I won't use it often but when I need it it'd be nice to have it. Sometimes it can get daunting juicing so many lemons and limes.

Back
Top Bottom