"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories

Old 03-21-2003, 01:48 PM   #1
Senior Cook

Where can I find cookware USA made?

I put this in another post but thought I might get better feedback here.

Was searching for a new set of good cookware prefferably non-stick, I have run across many products out their. I wanted to know of which of the many companies out there produce products made in America. I found all-clad but that is a heafty price tag to bear.
Can anyone help?

Old 04-24-2003, 02:36 PM   #2
Senior Cook

cookware reviews

Recommend either Analon or Claphelon.

Old 12-28-2003, 01:14 AM   #3
Assistant Cook

I believe Analon is only produced overseas. Some Calphalon cookware is made in the US but most of their lines are from China.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:27 AM   #4
Senior Cook

And...be careful with All-Clad. Informed sources tell me that a lot of their stuff is imported. Don' know myself as I won't pay their exorbitant prices. I bought one "Try-Me" piece a few years back. Good pan...but way overpriced.
Old 12-28-2003, 02:09 PM   #5
Executive Chef

honestly, who cares where it is produced? if it is a quality product, so be it. i would rather buy a superior product made in france or wherever, than an inferior one made here
Old 12-29-2003, 07:24 AM   #6
Senior Cook

Again I find myself agreeing with Iron Chef here. I no longer care where things are made. If they are well-made and a good value. In fact just picked up a set of cookware to review for my website that I think is made in China. I will get back to you as this looks REAL promising AND under 100 bucks a set!
Old 01-26-2007, 01:17 PM   #7
Assistant Cook

Perhaps the cookware made in China is as good or better than that made elsewhere, but the reasons to buy USA-made -- or at least Not made in China -- include: buying American-made goods keeps American working (this is important); we have to ask ourselves why items made half way across the world (and thus have to be shipped half way across the world) are so much cheaper than something without the shipping charges. One answer is "slave labor in China." Even if it weren't slave labor, China still oppresses its people and our purchases of China imports help the government continue to do so. As Warren Buffet once said (I'm paraphrasing but have his idea exactly) Americans are trading their economic health for cheap "trinkets." I buy nothing made in China and try to buy American-made when possible. It is almost always more expensive, but worth it. I have also found that American-made goods are usually superior. I just had to purchase new cookware and ended up buying a set made in France since I couldn't find anything from the USA.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:39 PM   #8
Executive Chef

very little is made here anymore. Most All Clad is (a few promo and accessories are not) made in PA. Very little Calphalon is USA produced anymore. Nordicware is USA made as was some Farberware (and may still be). Kitchen Craft & Lodge cast iron ware (and they make good enameled cast iron too) are classic American. All of these have websites you can checkout.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:11 PM   #9
Executive Chef

The Nordicware NFS is quality restaraunt ware.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:16 PM   #10
Sous Chef

Perhaps the cookware made in China is as good or better than that made elsewhere, but the reasons to buy USA-made -- or at least Not made in China -- include: buying American-made goods keeps American working (this is important); we have to ask ourselves why items made half way across the world (and thus have to be shipped half way across the world) are so much cheaper than something without the shipping charges. One answer is "slave labor in China." Even if it weren't slave labor, China still oppresses its people and our purchases of China imports help the government continue to do so. As Warren Buffet once said (I'm

I recommend reading Thomas Friedman's The World is Flat. There is much more to the global economy than jobs being in the USA or in China.