Where to buy really small saucepan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MostlyWater

Sous Chef
My daughter has taken to eating a hot soft-boiled egg most days.

I have only one really small saucepan, so I wonder where I should get more. I assume that just rinsing the pan isn't good enough to really clean it.

I've looked around & don't see such a small pan anywhere.

Thanks !

You are boiling water in your current saucepan. How dirty can boiled water be? Just rinse it, wipe it out with a sponge, rinse it again, and throw it in the dish drainer!

My parents are in their 80's and they eat small amounts now, They were looking also for smaller pans. I was in walmart and found small assortment of pans even a lilttle griddle the size of a slice of bread so one grill cheese sandwhich could be made on it.

True, unless the egg cracks open...

Even if that happens, the now cooked egg white will just float around in the boiling water until you dump it down the drain. No biggie! I have tons of pots and pans, but I boil eggs in the same pot every time.

Even if that happens, the now cooked egg white will just float around in the boiling water until you dump it down the drain. No biggie! I have tons of pots and pans, but I boil eggs in the same pot every time.

My mum used to do that. She would get grossed out if we used the pan for anything else, because of where an egg has been.

...even a lilttle griddle the size of a slice of bread so one grill cheese sandwhich could be made on it.

When my mother died, one of the first thing I bought my father was the smallest George Foreman available. Great for cooking one grilled cheese sandwich, one panino, one burger, one chicken cutlet, etc., but you cook both sides at once so you're done in half the time. At 87, he ain't got that much time to waste!

GR10B_3.jpg

Last edited:
My mum used to do that. She would get grossed out if we used the pan for anything else, because of where an egg has been.
Well, I guess that could be an issue. I have been amazed at how clean the eggs the girls lay are. If anything, there are wood chips stuck to them or a feather or two. I wash them before I use them because I store them in the cold storage area.

The water in my area is so hard that a boiled egg pan has to be washed because I couldn't stand to use it again with that white hard water film that remains.
You're water must be a lot better than mine Sir Loin, and we live within spittin' distance. :LOL:

I have three small pans and I really only like one of them. If it were me, I'd look at Big Lots, Marshalls, TG Max, or places like that with close out items. No way would I pay over $10.00 for a pan that size to boil water.

The water in my area is so hard that a boiled egg pan has to be washed because I couldn't stand to use it again with that white hard water film that remains.
You're water must be a lot better than mine Sir Loin, and we live within spittin' distance. :LOL:

I have three small pans and I really only like one of them. If it were me, I'd look at Big Lots, Marshalls, TG Max, or places like that with close out items. No way would I pay over $10.00 for a pan that size to boil water.
I put vinegar in the stainless pan and simmer it for about 10 minutes to get rid of the scale.

I put vinegar in the stainless pan and simmer it for about 10 minutes to get rid of the scale.

If I wash it with soap after just one boil it's fine. I swear by vinegar with this hard water though....I use a cup full of white vinegar in the dishwasher on the short cycle before the long cycle with the Cascade.

Back
Top Bottom