Who Has a FoodSaver?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You might need a stronger microscope. :) In a vinegar environment you won't get Botulism poisoning since it doesn't like vinegar, but there are plenty of other bacterias, yeasts, molds and fungi that would love to give you anywhere from mild to serious discomfort, assuming your immune system is not compromised.

Its just a safety warning. Up to you whether you take it serious or not.

I will keep this in mind, and will boil instead next time. Thanks for the safety tip.

We've had a FoodSaver for a number of years and really like it. I use it a lot more now that I'm alone. It takes me almost 6 weeks to eat a 13-ounce bag of potato chips so the FoodSaver keeps them from going stale.

I also portion individual pieces of chicken/steaks/chops for the freezer. I try not to let anything go to waste or be stored in the freezer too long.

jake bought me a foodsaver a few years ago & i can't find the plastic fer the bags.

I believe FS has always used standard sizes - gallon/quart for pre made bags, 8"/11" for rolls. What size does your FS manual say to use?

I have a FS that folds up for countertop storage, that does everything. I love it. I had a smaller one in the past that I loved also. Not so much with the Handi-vac, it just kinda sits in the drawer.

Thistle

I have a FS that folds up for countertop storage, that does everything. I love it. I had a smaller one in the past that I loved also. Not so much with the Handi-vac, it just kinda sits in the drawer.

Thistle

I have a Handi-Vac and use it often, but mostly for foods that I am in and out of often. You know...shredded cheeses, chopped nuts, etc.

Back
Top Bottom