Who wouldn’t want this!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJoel

Executive Chef
This is what I want my brother-in-law to make me for my birthday. He’s an excellent woodworker. I don’t think he’ll do it, even if I supply all the materials, but one can dream, right?

9A93EC47-D1BF-4D6B-8A78-3BE0492ECF4F.jpg

I read that maple is the best wood for cutting boards and the like. The article said it’s the least expensive of the hard woods, and the most sustainable. Anyone have a different opinion?

That is very nice, i build a rolling island with a cutting board countersunk on one end and a piece of granite the other 3/4 of it for rolling dough and such.

What I needed was a three in one kinda thing, first I needed that extra storage underneath for kitchen junk, a place to cut up food, and roll out dough in the same amount of space.

That cutting block would look great in anybody’s kitchen including mine :)
Hope you can talk your brother-in-law into building you one, a nice one that’s well kept will last a couple lifetimes.

That is very nice, i build a rolling island with a cutting board countersunk on one end and a piece of granite the other 3/4 of it for rolling dough and such.

What I needed was a three in one kinda thing, first I needed that extra storage underneath for kitchen junk, a place to cut up food, and roll out dough in the same amount of space.

That cutting block would look great in anybody’s kitchen including mine :)
Hope you can talk your brother-in-law into building you one, a nice one that’s well kept will last a couple lifetimes.
I hope I can too, but you’ve complicated it now, because now I’ve gotta ask him to incorporate a marble bench for dough! Don’t know if he can do that!

Back
Top Bottom