Why does everything stick to my pans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The same procedure works for enameled cast iron like my 2 Dutch ovens are. I made country style ribs today for my father-in-law in my 5 quart pot, seasoned and browned first in two batches, then braised in the oven for a couple of hours. The browning process works flawlessly as long as the pan and oil are hot before adding the meat. If not, you end up with a stuck mess.

I also have 2 stainless steel pans (one inexpensive Calphalon with a disk bottom, and one Kitchen Aid that came as a free gift when I bought my KA food processor), and both work equally well as long as the procedure is followed. I confess that I don't do eggs in them, for that I still believe strongly in a good nonstick pan.

This site is another one that takes out the technicality and just speaks cook to cook. I encourage anyone to experiment with some inexpensive meat until you get it right. Once you do, it's a revelation. And the simple pan sauces that you can make with the left behind fond when you have properly browned your meat make the effort very worthwhile.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom