Wok Support

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Too bad we're not closer, I'd loan you mine. My kids bought me a beautiful 20 inch carbon wok with metal handles. I love the thing but it's a tad too big for my burners. This is really funny as I bought the stove because of the big burner on the left, however, I still cannot get enough heat for a stir fry in the 20 incher. I do use it for braising and thought i might try smoking in it. Who knows.

Tip: If you ever decide to throw it onto a hot cooking fire, rub plain bar soap all over the outside. Any soot or carbon that would stick to the metal, and require substantial scrubbing, will instead stick to the soap, and wash right off. This trick works with any pan used on or in a camp fire.

If you want a fire hot enough to get your wok really cooking, get a turkey fryer. Use the base of it under your wok. Just make sure everything is stable.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

spiidey said:
Thanks for all the replies.

Where would I be able to pick up a (not extortionately expensive) gadget like the one in post 5?

Ideally shipping within the UK.

The site link Powerplantop gave has rings at a reasonable price. I typed in "wok rings". I couldn't tell if they ship to the UK, you could contact them. Amazon UK might have them as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom