Experimental Marinade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rubix

Assistant Cook
Here is an experimental marinade I made for a 'dining out' at my apartment complex. I got a few compliments and requests for this, so I figured I would share with everyone to see how it does.

2 cups of Orange Liqueur
1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce

This was approximate measurements since I was eye-balling the whole thing. I poured enough to cover two pieces of chicken. I let the chicken sit in this concoction for roughly 24 hrs. After baking the chicken in the oven, I tasted the chicken to make sure it was fine, and it was! Had a nice sweet orange taste on the outside, with a slight orange / teriyaki taste on the inside, with an alcohol type after flavor.

I must say do NOT eat alot of this in one sitting, espeically if you have a low alcohol tolerance, and take extreme caution feeding it to underage people. If I had eaten both pieces of the breast myself, i'm sure i would've had a slight buzz. But mixed in with Alfredo sauce, its the best there is, at least in my opinion.

Last edited:
That's quite a bit of booze to use for just two pieces of chicken....

Don't get me wrong, with the exception of Uncle Bob around here, I may be the lady who likes her cocktail the most...I just think that two cups of booze is overkill, not to mention a waste of something you could have drank, instead;).

I'll bet it was delicious! Did you see any leprechauns, by the way?

Would you consider less booze next time, and a bit of orange zest, instead? That way, you'll still enjoy the kick, the orange flavour, and still have enough triple sec to make margaritas with.

"quite a bit of booze to use for just two pieces of chicken"

That's what I was thinking!!! I'd be tempted to decrease it to maybe 1/3 cup, and save the rest for after dinner!!! Welcccome to DC!:)

:) Sounds like an expensive marinade and I like Vera like my cocktails.The next time try 2 cups of orange juice and about1/4 cup or less of the alcohol and add a bit of oil about a 1/4 cup some salt and pepper and marinade about 6-12 hours.You might be very pleased.

he said "I poured enough to cover 2 pieces of chicken".
It is still 'way overboard and too expensive for me.

Candocook said:
he said "I poured enough to cover 2 pieces of chicken".
It is still 'way overboard and too expensive for me.

2 cups of Cointreau is $$$ for sure. IMO there is never reason to use all that alcohol in a marinade unless it's like coq au vin or beef burgandy where you cook with the marinade after.

I'd have cut way back on the liqueur and used some juice and orange oil.

I think I'd drink most of the Cointreau and make up the rest of the 2 cups with 1 7/8 c orange juice. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom