Hoisin Marinade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Kyles, aren't there U.F.O. "crop circles" in your area? Perhaps you could tell 'em you were abducted by "aliens" LOL! Give 'em some "fish and chips"! YUM! Ha ha! :D Atomic Jed!

Not up hre in the Industrial North Mr Jed, no crops! All though there is the odd flock of sheep! Crop circles are in Wiltshire, down south. I'm sure I can tell my boss that the lost aliens abducted me to take them to their epicentre. My boss things I am a few shillings short of the pound and would probably believe me! I'll give it a try!!!!! :LOL:

LOL! Kyles! You're never dead in the head like Atomic Jed! Isn't fish and chips made with a beer batter? And Cod? And no longer allowed to be served on newspaper? Parchment only? I'll trade ya some "Crisco" fer some!!! :D A.J.!

Yep that's right, beer battered cod, brown vinegar, salt and mushy peas YUM! (I am beginning to learn to like mushy peas) No newspaper anymore, co we're frightened of the chemicals, seems a shame, so just what I would call butchers paper is allowed now. I prefer haddock than cod, it has a lot more flavour. My hubby says I am single handedly depleting the North Sea fish stocks, as I have fish nearly every day, but seldom fried like that, far too many calories for even me who claims not to care about these things!

Ahh, Kyles, if the cooking oil is at a high temperature, it "sears" the protien, thus preventing saturated fat, and unwanted calories from penetrating! Fish= high omega 3 fat, which is good for us, and actually Lowers our cholesterol! And good for cereberal (brain) functions, I must have a severe defficiancy of it! LOL! :D Atomic Jed!

In English chippies, the fish is almost boiled in the oil rather than fried and the batter is like a sponge! Not good! Having said that, we had fish and chips in the park this afternoon, and it's all YOUR fault!!!! Thank you!!!

Sorry Kyles, but maybe the Omega 3 fatty acids in the fish lowered your cholesterol count! Or maybe you at least broke even! LOL! :D Atomic Jed!

Back
Top Bottom