Idea for marinating chicken: how does this sound??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

turkeyfryer

Assistant Cook
still just fooling in my head... for chicken....

Pineapple juice
fresh orange juice
fresh lemon juice
a bit o honey
rosemary

any comments??? suggestions?

Pineapple juice
fresh orange juice
fresh lemon juice
a bit o honey
rosemary
(I thought the lemon juice should be left out.)

How about:

cranberry peach
walnut oil
rosemary

Be VERY careful with the pineapple juice. Pineapples contain a natural chemical tenderizer. Overexposure to pineapple juice can result in mushy chicken.

Otherwise, it sounds like you have a nice little Mediterrean marinade going. Maybe some EVOO, salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme?

The enzymes in the pineapple and the acid in the citrus will make it tricky, like Allen said. You'll only be able to soak it for a very short time or the chicken will start to break down.

I'd probably not use the pineapple.

Orange and lemon and lime with cumin, garlic and cliantro is sort of cuban

Lemon with honey and rosemary might be good.

Definitely add both oil and salt to whatever other marinade ingredients you use.

I thought this was a mixture to put on the chicken while you are waiting for the grill or oven to heat. You might be more interested in trying a fruit stuffing.

I always keep my marinades simple so would use one flavour of juice (or vinegar), extra virgin olive oil, and one type of herb.

That way you can have a different marinade every night by switching just one of the ingredients.

My go-to marinade for chicken is dijon mustard, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, a pinch of Goya, and a handful of chopped green herbs.

Like stated, the acidic qualities can play havoc with the bird. it can turn it to mush, and also firm the proteins(cook a la chiveche)and give you one funky bird.

I would keep the marinade to herbs and oil, with a little juice, then once the bird is cooked, squeeze fresh juice over the bird table sided.

As for the cranberry peach, I am not too sure. Something just is not jiving in my mental palate.

I would marinate the chicken in a little soy sauce, then use your pineapple to make a nice sweet and sour sauce to go with it. Serve with rice and stir-fry vegies.

You can also do a Mexican dry-rub, and make a pineapple salsa. Yummy. I might have just given myself an idea for dinner next week......

Back
Top Bottom