Steak Marinade Recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I sometimes use an Asian flavor marinade for flank steak. Soy, wine, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, pepper and chili garlic sauce.

Andy M. said:
I sometimes use an Asian flavor marinade for flank steak. Soy, wine, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, pepper and chili garlic sauce.

I do something similar minus the chili garlic sauce and use balsalmic vinegar.

I have yet to find a better marinade recipe for steak then just plain old italian dressing but this one isn't bad:

1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup dry red wine
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
2 sliced garlic cloves
pepper to taste
2 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tbsp fresh herbs (i like thyme, basil, and/or rosemary)
Combine vinegar, wine, soy sauce, worcestershire, and sugar. Whisk in oil. Add pepper, parsley and herbs.

Mine is similar to Trip's but with fewer ingredients.

4 cloves of garlic finely chopped (you can use more or less depending on how many steaks you have)
1/4 cup of olive oil
juice of two small lemons
zest of the lemons (I zest mine first and then squeeze them)
salt
black pepper
fresh thyme

Pour it over the steak and let it marinate for several hours in the refrigerator or overnight is even better. The flavors truly permeate the meat.

I just use worcestershire and cracked black pepper, though I agree with Trip that italian dressing is a really good marinade.

amber said:
I just use worcestershire and cracked black pepper, though I agree with Trip that italian dressing is a really good marinade.
I do the worch and black pepper all the time but I also include garlic salt.

I'm actually really burnt out on that now. I'm looking for something with only a few ingredients maybe something with wine or beer that will make so-so cuts of meat tender.

Andy M. said:

how do you cook it?

can you make it tender searing it then throwing it in an oven?

How many tablespoons of sesame oil? i can eyeball the rest.

can i use rice wine vineger instead of wine?

GB said:
I am curious...Why vodka?
I've seen that as the start of a bloody mary marinade for flank steak. I think the alcohol tenderizes it but I don't think I could get my daughter to eat anything with Vodka not to mention the difficulties involved with obtaining hard liquor in this state. Maybe I'll try it one weekend when she won't be around. :LOL:

Mylegsbig said:
how do you cook it?

can you make it tender searing it then throwing it in an oven?

How many tablespoons of sesame oil? i can eyeball the rest.

can i use rice wine vineger instead of wine?

I grill the flank steak. It's only about 3/4 of an inch thick so it cooks quickly. You can't cook it past medium. You MUST slice it across the grain to make it chewable.

A tablespoon of sesame oil is plenty. You can use rice wine vinegar. It won't taste the same but can still be good.

GB said:
I am curious...Why vodka?
NOT SURE HOW WE CAME UP WITH IT, WE JUST TRIED IT AND HAVE
LOVED IT FOR YEARS. MUST OF BEEN HAVING A MARTINI AND IT WENT
FROM THERE BUT IT IS REALLY GOOD.

Sephora said:
I've seen that as the start of a bloody mary marinade for flank steak. I think the alcohol tenderizes it but I don't think I could get my daughter to eat anything with Vodka not to mention the difficulties involved with obtaining hard liquor in this state. Maybe I'll try it one weekend when she won't be around. :LOL:
YOU REALLY DON'T TASTE THE VODKA, THE TWO COMBINED HAVE
A DIFFERENT FLAVOR. YOUR DAUGHTER MAY LIKE IT, MY KIDS DO
BUT THEN AGAIN THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS IN THE MARINADE.

MLB:

In addition to broiling it as GB suggested, you can pan sear it. No need to finish in the oven, by the time both sides are seared the center will be rare to Med Rare.

CharlieD said:
I'm curious why would you marinade the ribeye steak?
I marinade all my steaks. I like the flavor it brings to it. It's no different than people who insist on dipping sauces or steak sauces.

rickell said:
YOU REALLY DON'T TASTE THE VODKA, THE TWO COMBINED HAVE
A DIFFERENT FLAVOR. YOUR DAUGHTER MAY LIKE IT, MY KIDS DO
BUT THEN AGAIN THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS IN THE MARINADE.
I tried that trick once with wine and she swore she could smell it and wouldn't eat the steak. Not too bad of a tragedy, I got her piece too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom