"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Sauces, Marinades, Rubs > Marinades
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #1
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,362
Weber Marinade Review

Weber has a line of marinade envelopes that you mix with oil and water. WeberŪ Seasonings, Marinades, Grinders, Rubs, Club Packs

We tried one as a free sample of the White Wine and Herb flavor at Sam's Club and bought some. It's delicious on chicken!

SO saw some other flavors at a supermarket and bought some.

Tonight I used the Chipotle marinade on country-style ribs. WOW, it's fantastic!

We have three other flavors to try but if they are as good as the first two, I'm sold on them.

These are the best store-bought marinades I've ever tried. They're the only brand I would classify as excellent.

I hope it's OK that I didn't use a Weber grill...
__________________

__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:25 AM   #2
Cook
 
AmandaES's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 72
Hmm i'll have to look out for them..haven't seen or heard of them before. I love chipotle, i'll prob check that one out first!
__________________

__________________
AmandaES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
Head Chef
 
Mimizkitchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Weber has a line of marinade envelopes that you mix with oil and water. WeberŪ Seasonings, Marinades, Grinders, Rubs, Club Packs

We tried one as a free sample of the White Wine and Herb flavor at Sam's Club and bought some. It's delicious on chicken!

SO saw some other flavors at a supermarket and bought some.

Tonight I used the Chipotle marinade on country-style ribs. WOW, it's fantastic!

We have three other flavors to try but if they are as good as the first two, I'm sold on them.

These are the best store-bought marinades I've ever tried. They're the only brand I would classify as excellent.

I hope it's OK that I didn't use a Weber grill...
They sound great Andy... When you get them in Sams do they come in a variety pack or is it just one flavor???
__________________
A woman is like a tea bag, you never no how strong she is until you put her in hot water...
Mimizkitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:33 AM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimizkitchen View Post
They sound great Andy... When you get them in Sams do they come in a variety pack or is it just one flavor???
Sam's had a box of 6 envelopes. All 6 were the same.

In a supermarket, SO found the envelopes sold separately, not in a six-pack.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #5
Head Chef
 
Mimizkitchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Sam's had a box of 6 envelopes. All 6 were the same.

In a supermarket, SO found the envelopes sold separately, not in a six-pack.
Thank you Andy... I'm going to Sams tomorrow so i'll pick up a six pack and try them out...
__________________
A woman is like a tea bag, you never no how strong she is until you put her in hot water...
Mimizkitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:13 PM   #6
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimizkitchen View Post
Thank you Andy... I'm going to Sams tomorrow so i'll pick up a six pack and try them out...
You might want to check it out at a supermarket and just buy one or two packets in case you don't like it. Otherwise you'll be stuck with five packets you don't want to use.

If you're in a gambling mood, go for it. SO just called to tell me she found some more of the flavors shown on the website.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #7
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,362
I used the Tequila Lime marinade on chicken breasts last night. I generally dislike citrus flavors with chicken so didn't care for it. SO thought it was really good.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:32 AM   #8
Head Chef
 
Mimizkitchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I used the Tequila Lime marinade on chicken breasts last night. I generally dislike citrus flavors with chicken so didn't care for it. SO thought it was really good.
Do you think you might like it on seafood Andy, or did you not like the flavor at all???
__________________
A woman is like a tea bag, you never no how strong she is until you put her in hot water...
Mimizkitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:38 AM   #9
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimizkitchen View Post
Do you think you might like it on seafood Andy, or did you not like the flavor at all???
It might be worth a try on fish.
__________________

__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
None

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.