Barbecue Spice Mixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Barbecue Spice Mixture

Rubs

1/2 cup chili powder
1/4 cup hickory flavored salt
3 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons cumin
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon garlic
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest

Mix ingredients thoroughly and store in a tightly-sealed jar in a cool dark place.
NOTES : Hickory flavored salt can be purchased or you can wood-smoke your own salt.

You've been posting like crazy lately! Keep it up. All the recipes are getting me HUNGRY! Thanks!!

Hickory flavoured salt seems to be impossible to find here. And as I don't smoke anything how could I get this flavour? I have some liquid hickory flavoured stuff, but can't think how to make THAT work out.

Help please?

I want to pass along the fact that I have discoverd a rub that is just terrific and goes on all types of meat beautifully. It is the KC Masterpiece for BBQ mix in a shaker/scoop out type container. I have used it on pork chops/ribs, chicken, and even steak. For the ribs, I also add some ceyenne pepper to the KC Masterpiece stuff and will leave the ribs overnight in the fridge after coating generously with this rub. For the other to be grilled meats, I will mix it in with some oil and allow the meat to soak it in for a while prior to grilling. This stuff combines just about all the recipe mixes one can come up with and is so way, way easier than trying to keep on hand all the individual spices needed to prepare your own rub. I like and use it so much that I even bought some for our son in NC. He likes to BBQ but isn't very inventive with ingredients, so he's excited to try it out.

Back
Top Bottom