REC: Meat Rub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
This is my favorite rub recipe. It can be used on chicken, steak, pork, even a hearty fish. When I make this rub I usually quadruple the amounts so that I am sure to have enough. Whatever you don't use can be stored in an airtight container. The original recipe called for 2 tablespoons of salt, but I found that to be way too much so I can cut it way back. You could probably even cut the salt out altogether. Rub this into the meat (don't be shy) and let sit in the fridge overnight for best results. If you don't have that kind of time then not to worry. I have rubbed it in and then cooked the meat 5 minutes later and it is still fantastic.

pinch of salt
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 tsp lemon pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp light brown sugar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
pinch of cinnamon

Let me know how it turns out for you SC. I love this rub so much that I mix up a huge batch so I always have it on hand. I always have a few large mason jars full of it.

GB, this looks great. One question though - Tony can't eat much pepper because of his ulcer. If I use a very little white pepper in place of the black do you have any suggestions for a replacement? Or would it be fine without it. Ican replace the lemon pepper for lemon zest, but there is still the matter of all the lost pepper.

This is a very forgiving rub recipe. I think it would be just fine without the pepper.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom