"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Sauces, Marinades, Rubs > Condiments

Old 02-27-2006, 12:21 PM   #1
Master Chef

Black Truffle Avocado Vinagerette

Made up a chicken and lettuce tossed salad for supper last nigh and was looking for a way to use up half an avacado. so I mashed it in a SS bowl and went to grab some EVOO. To my dismay, I was all out of EVOO (gasp!). what to do, what to do?

Whirling around to my spice rack, I perused the available flavorings and spotted a bottle with a bit of black truffle oil. I quikly added the remaining oil (about 1/4 tsp.) to the mashed avocado. I tasted it and found it to be lacking. I went to the fridge and looked at what was available. There was some truffle paste that I'd recieved for Christmas, and some Tobasco. I added about 1/4 tsp. of the truffle paste, and the same of Tobasco sauce. It was better, but not there yet. It needed a sour componant. so I added 2 tsp. rice vinegar to the mix. It was now a very flavorful salad dressing. In fact, it was pretty darned good. I folded it into the salad with the sauteed chicken strips, the red-leaf lettuce, one whole tomato (very frim and diced) and three chopped green onions. Add to that 1/4 cup dark red kidney beans and you have a great tasting salad. I'm now going to give you an ingredient list for the dressing. This stuff is worth making.

Black Truffle/Avocado Vinagerette:

1/2 Haas Avocado, mashed
1/4 tsp. Black Truffle Oil
1/4 tsp. Black Truffle oil
1/4 tsp. Tobasco brand Pepper Sauce
2 tsp. Rice Vinager

Enjoy with your favorite tossed salad. This might be a very good dressing for a Taco Salad as well.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 01:39 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
What a serously creative combination Goodweed...I'd say this calls for some excellent pasta, perhaps even a simple filled sort of variety. Very cool, thank-you for sharing your neat recipe

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None